Gerber Steady multi tool

groan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
marcphoto.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wrote this review a little while ago and thought I'd pop it in here.
http://litlclic.com/tools/gerber-steady-multi-tool/

I
t was a bit of an impulse purchase but you know what? It's come in handy on more than one occasion!
It's not strong enough to hold up an SLR but a compact or phone or even a small flash on a shoe, it's great!

That's pretty neat, I like that it's truly a multi-tool.
I usually have my Leatherman in my camera bag when I'm on a shoot, because you never know when you'll need it. One time, I was shooting a wedding at the Hotel MacDonald, here in Edmonton and I found a nail or staple sticking up from the dance floor. I alerted the staff, but they couldn't get it out, so I produced my Leatherman and pulled out the jagged metal.

Yup, I always try to have one with me.
When I saw this one I had to have it. Even if it's not entirely practical as a tripod it's still pretty cool if I want to do a group shot with my phone or compact.

I also keep an 'Ultra Pod II' in my camera bag. It can hold a DSLR with small lens, albeit not with a hole lot of stability.

But just like yours, if it's compact enough to stay in your camera bag, it's infinitely more useful than something you've left at home.

I'll be getting a gorilla pod at some point soon, I think. I like to do macro and for near the ground-shots even if it's just to help steady a shot, i think something like that attached on the bottom would be great.

Most reactions

Back