What's new

German Stereotype

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
14,491
Reaction score
206
Location
Europe 67.51°N
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1: The Rhine river, castles and vinyards:
div99_016.jpg


2: This one is taken inside my employer's castle
div99_062.jpg
 
OMG, the castle in that first shot is soooo familiar to me from several trips down the Rhine (it looks like a ship.) I have done the Bingen (or Rudesheim) to St. Goar (and back) trip at least 3 times over the years. The Mauseturm always fascinated me (it's tiny), and the Pfalz/toll castle in your first picture.

What's the name of the castle in the second one?
 
stereotype or not, those are gorgeous photos.
 
thanks, the name of the second one is Ringberg Castle ... at the Tegernsee. The image only shows a side building.
 
Yes. They are stereotypes, for sure.
But none the less: really good photo of a very, very typical stretch of the River Rhine.
Your boss owns a castle :shock: !
Wow-y!

And hey, dbyrd, I am curious to hear more about why you miss Germany, too.
And feel invited to come back for the biggest TPF meet-up ever (one week) ... check out my signature-links for more.
 
Your boss owns a castle :shock: !
Wow-y!

Not really "my boss" but my employing organisation ;) So once in a while you have the privlege to sleep and work in one of the round tower rooms of the main complex with a large wooden bed :-P
 
So... Are they looking for workers there? :D

Dani
 
but if your going to be stereotyped you might as well be stereotyped with something good!!
And there is nothing wrong with a good old Castle!

great shots as ever
 
And there is nothing wrong with a good old Castle!

great shots as ever

I didn't say German castles were a bad stereotype thing ;) :)

Sorry Danir, I think they are not looking for employees there at the moment ;)
 
So once in a while you have the privlege to sleep and work in one of the round tower rooms of the main complex with a large wooden bed

Erm... I don't have that priviledge ......................... :cry:
And what do you work in the large wooden bed?
 
Yes. They are stereotypes, for sure.
But none the less: really good photo of a very, very typical stretch of the River Rhine.
Your boss owns a castle :shock: !
Wow-y!

And hey, dbyrd, I am curious to hear more about why you miss Germany, too.
And feel invited to come back for the biggest TPF meet-up ever (one week) ... check out my signature-links for more.

I lived in Augsburg from 1965-1969. Prior to 9/11, I visited Munchen and Garmisch once a year for Holiday. I love the Hellabrun zoo in Munchen and I enjoyed the Zugspitz in Garmisch. I really miss the trains. I used to take the train to Innsbruck to visit the Alpine Zoo. Sorry,this castle image is not very good, but the weather was not co-operating with me.
deutche0253.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom