Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Yes, I am working towards going and hope to get there

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Well, hm, sounds interesting enough but I still don't know

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Corinna,

There is a possibility for me to attend. Nothing clear yet, but like the poll says, I'm working on it.

I've been... well not promised... not offered either ... "presented with the prospect" of working in Germany for a year (maybe 2?).

This was in 2005 and got sour for a while, but is now again a posibility. If I am succesfull in this, and the dates intersect, it will be relatively easy to attend.

I'd have to check with my wife, but she loves travelling and knowing places, so I think she'll agree.

Another thing, to be quite honest, is that I would like to be able to afford a new DSLR before that. I'd be quite embarassed to go with my punny Dimage Xg. (I could use my trusty Elan 7, but...)

I will share any relevant information as this develops. Keep your fingers crossed for me (Not only for the meet up, but the whole thing is a great job opportunity).

ooo ooo me me, ill be 18 by the the event time, i wanta come! is there like a hotel that everyones going to stay at or?

edit: oh wait ill be in school till june 9th.....damn

I'll be there, short of some unmitigated disaster. LaFoto, I'm in Berlin, let me know how I might be able to help. I can't commit to helping yet, but will try. As I get closer, it will be easier to let you know what I can help with.

Good to know. Thanks you so for the offer! :D

For instance, I would be driving from Berlin, and might be able to get some people from the airport - or car-pool with people from Berlin.

If there is ANY chance of being able to arrange a break from work myself + family will be there - we need a holiday and I can combine with a trip to Switzerland to visit some friends...
Special Award should be made to Corrina for all the work / time in trying to arrange this !

Hey Jerry, do make sure you can come, it would be such a pleasure, but keep in mind that we are about 10 hours drive from the Swiss border!
The area you shall all get to see is up north, between Hamburg and Bremen!

And no awards as yet, I promised to get so and so many things found out for you all until May, and now it is July and I haven't done a thing about it, other than find out that a guided boat trip through Hamburg Port would be cheapest if we booked the "Coffee and Cakes"-variety of catering, which would be 20 Euro for each. That is all so far.

And I am realising that my initially thought-out itinerary would most likely be way too full and that I must plan for less things so we all still have a) time for an occasional stop if someone gets thirsty :sexywink: and b) still have time to take "the odd" photo, here and there, maybe?

Therefore I may well have to plan for a lot more "free time to ourselves" than was my original idea - and I am planning accordingly. Yes. :D

Experience from the London meet would suggest that the "plan" should be wide-open and not too tightly arranged... people will wander and chat rather than hurry to the next "event" - but that's half the point of the meet isn't it!

Still, whatever you do some people will stick to it - some won't ! Some will like it -some won't...

Personally I have a plan to make a custom camera kit bag that attaches to a pram so I don't have to carry all my new toys all day !!!! L series lenses weigh a ton ! :)

I'll try to get there. Am especially interested in Hamburg (Beatles). :)

Cool. Check out the other Meet-Up Planning thread for details on accomodation!

At a later point in time, sure. Why not?
There was a meet-up in Canada last week ... and we've had one last year in April in DC (where I was), and several in the UK as well... so there is always something in the planning. This one has been in the planning since September of last year to give people enough time to save up and plan and put big red x's into their calendars for 2008, so nothing can come into the way of their coming to the Germany Meet-Up :D.

There's always some sort of Meet-Up in the planning somewhere, I think...

Weelllllllllllllllllllllllll :scratch: ---------------- why not? :scratch:
Who of our members lives close?

Most reactions

Back