Get a load of this

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I can understand many innercity schools being very hot on the subjects of weapons being brought into the school by students of any age (especially in US and other countries where access to such weapons is easier than in some others with tighter gun laws). So a fake realsized toy gun or grenade or similar I can understand a disiplinary action being brought down on the student.

However this is just a joke - if the school has tight gun laws regarding toys a quick "you shouldn't have that here" or a most an evening in detention would be all that I would expect (Even then detention would be draconian).

It wouldn't have been so bad but his dad is a retired cop. I'm pretty sure he is well educated about guns.

That is ridiculous! I could see a toy gun that looked real, but not that little thing. When my oldest daughter was in 4th grade she took a pocket knife to school to show her friend. It was very small! I got a call to come get her because she was being suspended for the day. I never got upset I know that its their job to protect my child and others, but I would have been very upset if that little boy was my son.

Unbelievable. I could see if it was a full size airsoft or something, but geez, a little common sense would be in order here...

It wouldn't have been so bad but his dad is a retired cop. I'm pretty sure he is well educated about guns.

Probably. My son knew hammer, cylinder, and trigger before he knew elbow, knee, and ankle. If it's not made to be such a taboo, the overt curiosity is not there.

Makes me glad I don't go to school in this day & age... I used to keep .22's and pellet guns in the trunk of my car all the time to go shooting after school.

The poll the newspaper is running asked: DO you believe officials at Public School 52 overreacted to Patrick Timoney's 2-inch-long toy gun?

The choices were A: YES--it was only 2 inches long or B: No. Size does not matter in this case.

93% of respondents felt the school overreacted, while 7% of people held the view that, apparently, a 2-inch-long plastic miniature gun is a horrible,horrible,horrible thing.

Laura Timoney fumes after son Patrick, 9, is busted for bringing 2-inch-long toy gun to PS 52

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS on the part of the school principal. Her level of gun-hatred must be pretty high (not surprising being in New York City), since the other boy playing with this kid had a Lego axe, which did NOT get that kid yarded down to the principal's office, where he was FORCED to sign an "statement". Let's see--the school has a no weapons policy, and an axe in the hands of a tiny Lego-man is okay, but one of those mini-Lego guns in the hands of a tiny Lego figurine is worthy of forcing a kid, coercing him, a 9 year old boy,into signing a "statement". The principal is obviously a very messed up woman, and one who turned a "teachable moment" into a needless,pointless, and traumatic experience for a nine year old kid whose father is a retired police officer--the only people New York City deems worthy of owning a handgun. I seriously hope that principal is sued by the boy's parents, and subsequently demoted by the school to a position more befitting her lack of skills and intellectual capability.

This ranks right up there with the airport security taking my 80 year old Father's toe nail clippers away from him. "Don't move a muscle or I'll cut you toe nails real short and make em hurt!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back