Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
X Pro-2
f/1.4
ISO 400
1/2000 Sec.
Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
16 mm Equivalent 24 mm

(Processed In LR, Color Efex Pro 4, & Silver Efex Pro2)

20180320-untitled-27-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

Enezdez

Not quite sure of the direction you were going on this one, The orientation and crop doesn't do much for the bike, and the white halo isn't attractive.

Not quite sure of the direction you were going on this one, The orientation and crop doesn't do much for the bike, and the white halo isn't attractive.

i was trying to reinvent the wheel, well sort of lol...more like a caricature of a Triumph motorcycle was what I was shooting for!

Thanks!

The halo may be a result of the overprocessing. Still I think it might be better if you shot from a different angle. The white lines on the pavement are detracting as well.

I agree with the comments above. Maybe shoot from a lower angle and from about 45o on either side?

Not sure if you've used these before but if you have access to PS, then here's a couple of ideas for caricatures that might interest you.
  • Sharpen the image using the High Pass Filter. Duplicate a layer then run High Pass filter, adjusting the sliders as needed to get just the darkest of lines. Then adjust the opacity of the layer to revel the image below.
  • Convert your image to a drawing. There are a few ways to do this in PS, but here's one example adjust opacity and saturation of the layers for the effect you want.

Last edited:
Not sure if you've used these before but if you have access to PS, then here's a couple of ideas for caricatures that might interest you.
  • Sharpen the image using the High Pass Filter. Duplicate a layer then run High Pass filter, adjusting the sliders as needed to get just the darkest of lines.
  • Convert your image to a drawing. There are a few ways to do this in PS, but here's one example adjust opacity and saturation of the layers for the effect you want.

I don't know how to use PS but the guy made it look easy at least this concept, going to try this later on today (I have snow day). Thank you very much @smoke665 !

don't know how to use PS but the guy made it look easy at

My workflow is to use LR for basic global edits, including crops. I then import into PS for specific edits. I like to use a custom action as the last step that sharpens the image (I'll pm it to you later) The nice thing about PS is by working layers and using masks you can drill down areas for change rather than global.

Footnote: I've found it better to work from the raw file with LR only edits. Save the Nik collection for after you're done in PS.

Last edited:
I like it. There is some cool Calder and Klee abstracts going on behind the bike. It reminds me of some of the pencil drawings I did when I was a teenager. I'd go back and knab those abstracts

Most reactions

Back