getting and filming a toy in "space"?

cipherzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Can I do this myself? I'd like give a toy present to my kid that's "been in in space". I'm sure she'll love it.
Are there any instructions/tutorials on what I'll need for this? All I've heard is you need a camera, a phone with GPS and a box (styrofoam box?) to hold those, and a helium filled balloon.
I don't know what kind of balloon and what software to track the GPS signal of the phone via my PC where I'm at, how to put them all together to avoid breaking, what kind of balloon to use, what kind of toy (material) and what kind of camera will be fine at that degrees and notbreak or get damaged, etc.

The temperature can get to -51C.

PS. I'm fully aware of the legality of this where I'm at, what authorities I should contact and where to release the balloon and what meterological website to use to caluclate the approximate area the box will land to avoid it falling on someone's property, road, etc.
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
just throwing this out there: don't you think it would be best to go to Ron Fugelseth with these questions?

How can I contact him?
There's ""Like" our Facebook page", "Follow on Instagram", "My Twitter", "Professional inquiries" and "Licensing Management". I don't see any email to contact him and ask to help me try to make something similar. But then again I don't really use twitter or instagram so maybe thats how i should contact him?

One thing I dont know and I think you guys should be able to answer: Can the camera survive (well, the lens is exposed only, rest is in insulating styrofoam) -54C in the stratosphere?

How can I contact him?
There's ""Like" our Facebook page", "Follow on Instagram", "My Twitter", "Professional inquiries" and "Licensing Management". I don't see any email to contact him and ask to help me try to make something similar. But then again I don't really use twitter or instagram so maybe thats how i should contact him?

One thing I dont know and I think you guys should be able to answer: Can the camera survive (well, the lens is exposed only, rest is in insulating styrofoam) -54C in the stratosphere?

inquiry him ...

Most reactions

Back