Getting brighter colours?

johnwilliams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, im new to the forum but have been into photography on and off for about a year or so. I'm wondering if there's any way to get brighter colours from my pictures? I'm currently running a canon 350d with sigma DC EX 18-50 and my pictures dont seem as bright as they could be, is this because of my camera or is it post procesing that does this? Any tips for brighter colours?

thanks in advance!

There are in-camera settings which you can change to get "vivid" or "subtle" colors. I don't have a 350d, so I can't direct you to where they are, but others can -- or your manual.

Also, you can post-process your photos. Up the saturation (a bit, not too much!), change the levels or curves, and you'll see a big difference as well.

Finally... embrace subtle colors! :) Sometimes they are nicer to see than very "poppy" colors. It's a good thing to learn.

I am not sure about your particular Sigma lens, but both of my Sigmas lacked in color/contrast compaired to some of my finer Canon lenses. My Sigmas seemed a little warm and muted. I usually had to boost contrast and saturation quite a bit in post. Do you have the canon 50mm 1.8? If so, compair the two lenses at the same settings and check colors. My 100mm 2.8 macro Canon lens produces very vivid colors/contrast compaired to my Sigmas. I would try out post processing your images and playing with them. Mainly saturation, levels, contrast and see if they look better.

Derrick

EDIT~ dcclark was posting same time I was. LOL

Do you have the canon 50mm 1.8? If so, compair the two lenses at the same settings and check colors. My 100mm 2.8 macro Canon lens produces very vivid colors/contrast compaired to my Sigmas.

No i only have the kit lense and the sigma,i am looking into getting a canon 10-20mm USM son though for some wider photos, until then i have nothing to compare with :(

Can you post an example image? Any what software do you use to post process?

Most reactions

Back