Getting feet wet in HDR...

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Never done it before, but after drooling over some of the images on here, want to give it a shot.

I downloaded Photomatix trial, and will probably buy it eventually, and the way I understand it is you basically shoot 3 images at three different exposures, drop them into the program, tweek the tone mapping and you should have something nice?

I shoot an Olympus E620, and I love the thing, but the auto bracketing will only let me go up to 1 on the exposure increments. This shouldn't be a problem though, right? Can't I just go into the manual mode, and adjust the shutter speed and fire off an underexposed, properly exposed, and over-exposed shot at 2 increments on the light meter? Hopefully that would do the trick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks!
Paul

Never done it before, but after drooling over some of the images on here, want to give it a shot.

I downloaded Photomatix trial, and will probably buy it eventually, and the way I understand it is you basically shoot 3 images at three different exposures, drop them into the program, tweek the tone mapping and you should have something nice?

I shoot an Olympus E620, and I love the thing, but the auto bracketing will only let me go up to 1 on the exposure increments. This shouldn't be a problem though, right? Can't I just go into the manual mode, and adjust the shutter speed and fire off an underexposed, properly exposed, and over-exposed shot at 2 increments on the light meter? Hopefully that would do the trick.

Any thoughts would be appreciated...thanks!
Paul

You do have the concept... But... I shoot 7-9 frames for my HDR because I do not want them to look "overbaked" Photomatix is a good program.... just use it with a light hand and watch the halo's.

Cheers, joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back