Getting Frustrated and disheartened

I really like number one and number two. What if you shot number two again and increased your depth of field so more of the shot was in focus.
And number three looks like to me to also be in focus on her left shoulder.

Under your avatar it indicates it is ok to edit your images. I hope you don't mind, I am still learning and I am no expert, but I tackled the one of your Mom. It seemed not many were saying too much about it and I thought it had potential. I am sure the crop I have done may catch a little slack, but other than that all I did was make an adjustment in Levels, a little color work (which I am not very good at) and slight sharpening (it looked like the eyes had been worked so I didn't touch them). Here is what I came up with.

mum2.jpg

Rachel I looked at your images on fliker and I see some nice work there, better than mine. Don't get too frustrated, we all go through it. Rough patches that is.

Hey Rachel... to me it looks like you have a good eye and are just getting hung up on the technical tidbits that snag all photographers for a while. Oddly, that puts you in a good position... the technical skills will come with practice and study... the eye is much harder to learn/train.

Many others have said things I would suggest- learn the sweet spot of the lenses, do a bit more sharpening and PP work on the images, watch your shutter times vs. focal length, etc. All good advice.

Keep at it. Keep posting your results. Keep listening to advice here. Above all, be patient. I look back on images I took a year ago and am horrified at how bad they are compared to what I'm doing now. A year ago, I looked back on images a year prior and felt the same way. As each year passes I figure "Oh well I won't be NEARLY as horrified a year from now, because these are great!"... and I'm still horrified. :lol:

AINT LEARNING GREAT?!?!?!?? :lol:

Don't give up. We're here for ya! :)

Also regarding the pine cone shot, don't forget that branch could have been moving in the wind too.

Keep trying is the best advice anyone has ever given me! I really like the pine cone shot though. Just practice whenever you can, wherever you can. Don't look at pictures and think negatively of them, look at them and find out what you did wrong and try to fix it next time. I'm quite used to seeing picturesI think are "bad," but what can you expect when you shoot concerts and you keep about 1 of 45 shots your first time! :D

Getting Frustrated and disheartened

Talk to the hand. I'm right there with you.

Could you slide over a touch....... it's starting to get crowded........

Most reactions

Back