Getting My TPF Fix - 6 images

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sometimes I just need to post even when I've got nothing new.

Some of my faves from a week long workshop I attended about 18 months ago.

Love to hear what you think. :D Sorry about the odd sizes.

1 -
prairie_rain3.jpg

2 -
Nailed.jpg

3 -
Time_Sliver.jpg

4 -
Nubian_Queen.jpg

5 -
Axiom.jpg

6 -
crevasse_SV.jpg

All shot on Kodak E100VS slide film and Canon EOS 3

These are really interesting shots. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I like the abstract feel to them too. 1 and 3 are my faves.

boy... i love your abstract stuff jon.. you should really be digging into those archives of yours...
love the way you're looking at things... wonderful exposures.. all of them!
#1... the comp is superb... love the texture.. and the contrast btw the green and blue.. simple and sweet..
#2... nice again.. i like the white line/wire running across the blue.. it makes the pic more dynamic
#3... sweet shot.. love the texture here again! the nail is nicely placed in your frame
#4... i remember this one welll.. your 'nubian queen'... i like what you see
#5... like the soft pleasing tones you accomplished with the slow shutter (?)..
#6... i love this one... nice dof.. what exactly is it.. i think i've seen anotehr version of this from you in more sepia tones?

Thanks for sharing :D nice work JK :thumbsup:

Thanks mansi :D
The softness in number 5 was created by simply taking the shot out of focus. I was shooting thru a huge wound up ball of wire fencing with my 70-200 zoom; so I just racked in and out until I found a pleasing composition and softness.
Number 6 is from a series of dew on metal shots; I entered one in the 'abstract' challenge here; this one is not as close.

Thanks for looking and commenting :D

thanks for the info JOn! .. and i thought it was water... hmm silly me :lol:

Thank you for needing that TPF fix!
It means we get to see some very interesting photos of yours.

My favourite is the first.
Immediately followed by the third.

The simplicity (you are the master of simplicity, aren't you) of the first amazes me to no end. Just that one blade of grass on the wooden planks, the texture JUMPING out at you... great.

And almost the same words apply to the third, only is there not blade of grass, but that green line and the rusty screw. Also great.

I absolutely love 1 - 5.... and am still undecided about 6. I 'think' i like it. Awesome composition.... I LOVE abstract! You da man! hehehe. Who really says that anyway? :confused:

Anywhooo... great photos dude! Love em!

I love the first one and the contrast between green and blue!!! great job! I think Ania would be very fond of your pics!!!

Most reactions

Back