Getting prepared

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The weekend before last, or much rather: on Sunday and again on Monday morning, I was to photograph the performance of something that called itself "A Musical for the Entire Family" --- an adaptation of a Grimm's Fairy Tale for dancers, singers, actors, of all ages from 3 to 55.

I'll present an album of 715 photos to the dance school.
Given the target group I took the photos for, I felt that maximum recognition of the performers was my goal, so the parents will find their "cute little dancing daughter" in the photos and order loads of prints.

Here are some pics from the preparation phase when they were still in the changing rooms getting made up (keep in mind that no one's a professional in the group, not the dancers/singers/actors nor those who did the make-up and hair-styling).

055wsz.jpg

One of the two main actresses, with her make-up almost ready (guess whether she's going to play the Good One, or the Bad One ;)).

066wsz.jpg

The second main actress, still all without make-up, getting her hair done.

077wsz.jpg

091wsz.jpg

110wsz.jpg

141wsz.jpg

And some photos capturing the general atmosphere, though it did not really get captured in these, since the rooms were actually crowded.
The lady in the last, by the way, is the dance teacher, choreographer, script writer, producer, director of the whole enterprise.

number 3 is my fave with the mirrored image in the bg, its a nice collection

That first one has some scary makeup lol (i know it has to be exagerated for stage but still)!

In those rooms it was next to impossible to directly photograph the dancers while they were in the process of being made up. So most photos had to be taken into the mirrors. But when I saw No 3 in the viewfinder I thought "Hey, that might actually become a nice one!" :D

And sure enough the dark-haired's make-up was scary. In the piece, she's to be her dad's favourite and believe that she is the prettiest of all, but she's also mean and conceited and greedy, which all has to show in the make-up, of course.

I'm happy to see you came by.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back