Getting Started?

The ones that I am looking at are the Canon XT, and the Nikon D40 (the lower version, I don't really know). How much would it be for either of these used?

Have you checked into the Pentax K100D?

6.1 MP APS-C size CCD
11-point auto focus
16-segment multi-pattern metering
Shutter Speed 1/4000 - 30 sec + Bulb
ISO 200 to 3200
2.5-inch LCD monitor
Built in Shake Reduction (SR) <-- Big Feature!
Compatible with just about any lens ever made by Pentax.

You can get one through Beach Camera with 18-55mm zoomer for $459. Plus, till the end of September Pentax has a $50 rebate offer going. A great starter DSLR for a bit over $400. I've had mine since April and have been very pleased with it.

I too am looking to get into photography seroiusly. My wife and I own a small aerial photography company www.rceyeonline.com. Right now I'm looking at going back to school for photography. :confused:

Have you checked into the Pentax K100D?

6.1 MP APS-C size CCD
11-point auto focus
16-segment multi-pattern metering
Shutter Speed 1/4000 - 30 sec + Bulb
ISO 200 to 3200
2.5-inch LCD monitor
Built in Shake Reduction (SR) <-- Big Feature!
Compatible with just about any lens ever made by Pentax.

You can get one through Beach Camera with 18-55mm zoomer for $459. Plus, till the end of September Pentax has a $50 rebate offer going. A great starter DSLR for a bit over $400. I've had mine since April and have been very pleased with it.

I have heard that only Canon and Nikon have good build quality... Does Pentax do too?

Reviews for the K100D consistently give it very high marks for build quality. The only complaint I've seen on this score is some reviewers don't like the "flimsy" battery door. I really don't understand this since the door seems as robust as any I've seen on other cameras. Here are some links to reviews on the K100D:

Ephotozine Review

Dphotojournal Review

The second link is a compendium of reviews from several sources.

I have heard that only Canon and Nikon have good build quality... Does Pentax do too?

:lmao: yes...

I don't know where you heard that. From Canon and Nikon users I would guess ;) The good build quality was one of the reasons I was happy to stick with Pentax when I "went digital"... while the Canon Rebels really did not impress me in that regard. JMHO.
To be honest though, none of the dSLRs from any manufacturer are likely to break or stop working as long as you're reasonably careful. They're all good cameras, which, with a good lens, can easily outperform the compact cameras you've been using. Can't really go wrong with any of them.

Who are you planning on selling your photos to? How are you going to market them to these people?

I think you are forgetting the crucial step of coming up with a plan to make money if thats what you really want to do.

and maybe getting good enough to sell considering that there are 1,000,000's of other people out there with cameras.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hey guys,

I currently do photography as a hobbie and am loveing it. I came here wanting to know how to advance a little more and actually sell some of my photo's. Here are my questions:

1. How do you find a dealer to host your photo's and sell them for you?

2. What process's are needed before having a photo ready to sell?

3. Is getting a DSLR to big of a step this early into it?

Thats all for now... I think. If you need to know any more such as camera type, maybe want to see some of my pictures, please ask me, as long as it will help.

Thanks.

Reverse order makes more sense.

3. Yes. Or a least a camera capable of producing a quality photo according to your abilities and chosen media.

2. Probably a week or two if you are a prodigy, and most people are ('cept me). It may take, and be prepared, 1, 2, 5, or as long as ten years or more.

1. Sell to your family and friends, they'll tell you where to go.

0. Sure show us what you got.

-1. Don't do it for money. Do it for the love, fun, relaxation, recreation or excuse to stand where you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back