Getting the 6D Body Only, I Hope I love it.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was holding out for the 7D Mark II but decided on the FF 6D. I should have it next week at some point. I should be super excited but feeling the cost right now. I took a while to summit order in the cart and I backed out a couple of times then finally pulled the trigger.

wow. Good for you! Yep, lot of dough, but if you really love photography..................................

it's done, don't look back. Be excited and enjoy what is coming.

:thumbup:

I was holding out for the 7D Mark II but decided on the FF 6D. I should have it next week at some point. I should be super excited but feeling the cost right now. I took a while to summit order in the cart and I backed out a couple of times then finally pulled the trigger.

No worries DS, I'm sure you'll love it. Now if I can just get that blasted Derrel to buy me an 800s we'd all be happy.. lol

Sweet. I can't upgrade bodies until the end of the year, so I am being patient to see what comes out this year. Wanting to go FF myself.

I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

I just recently got the 6d and couldnt be happier with it. The pictures are so sharp and love the full frame and the low light is just awesome. Enjoy

Another owner/lover of a 6D... think you'll be very happy.

Thanks Guys. Glad to have 2 lenses that will work.

you'll be super happy with it! It's a great camera!

Now that you're in the market for a nice somewhat wide angle medium zoom as your 18-55 won't mount to the 6D, start saving up for a 24-105 f4L...new or used.

I sold my EF-S 18-135 and replaced it with a 24-105 while I still had my 60D. That became my workhorse lens, and remains so now that I have a 5D3. Unless you really want to get into some wide angle photography, I've found that the 24mm side of the lens quite sufficient for all my indoor work.

Sounds like a plan.^^ yea there is some good used prices on the 24-105mm no doubt.

Now that you're in the market for a nice somewhat wide angle medium zoom as your 18-55 won't mount to the 6D, start saving up for a 24-105 f4L...new or used.

I sold my EF-S 18-135 and replaced it with a 24-105 while I still had my 60D. That became my workhorse lens, and remains so now that I have a 5D3. Unless you really want to get into some wide angle photography, I've found that the 24mm side of the lens quite sufficient for all my indoor work.

Agreed, that is my next lens purchase. (Or I may get it as a kit with a 5D mk iii about the end of the year.)

I have a 7D and love it - gave up on the idea of the mythical 7D II as well. My next camera will likely be a 6D as well. I keep eyeing the full frame for the image quality, but will likely keep the 7D for wildlife and birding. I am sure you will love that 6D, I keep looking at it for the low-light and high image quality reputation it enjoys.

congrats, I have had the 6D for about 5 months now. love the camera. the low light abilities are great. not sure which lenses you have. I love my 17-40 Canon. reasonably priced and I guess I have a super sharp copy. its amazing how much different the FF is when putting on a wide angle. notice a little bit of change on long zooms, but the wide angles are awesome.

Congrats, wow what a great camera, while being a Nikonian I do have tons of respect and appreciation to the 6D, its a beast in low light-great camera!!!.
Enjoy it :)

No worries DS, I'm sure you'll love it. Now if I can just get that blasted Derrel to buy me an 800s we'd all be happy.. lol
Heck I'll be more modest, if anybody feels like giving me a free D610 then I am ok with that LOL

Most reactions

Back