Ghost photos

Warhawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anybody knows on what type of camera you will be able to pick up a ghost in the photo.

Sofar ive had alot of different responses... some people say only film cameras picks them up, other says only IR cameras, other say any digital camera picks them up.

In some of my photos i once got "spirit orbs" according to a "professional", but i also get these "orbs" in dusty places and what actually happens is that dust thats infront of the lens reflects the light of the flash and its so close that it gets picked up by the camera.

The arguement for any digital camera is that spirits draws energy from all sources, so a camera flash will be enouth for them to be picked up on the photo.

I am also aware of the trick where you keep the shutter open and let the person move in and out of the frame, ive done this before, but i want to take a photo of the real thing :lol:

Does anybody have any advise for me?

You prove to me DEFINITEVELY that ghosts exist... I will tell you what camera to use to cature their images. ;)

IMHO, you cannot take a picture of something that doesn't exist. No one ANYWHERE has proven 100% absolutely without doubt that they do exist (and they have been trying for hundreds of years!)... so there is no use in discussing how select a camera to capture something that to me, cannot be captured, because it is non-existant.

Most of the time, those orbs you talk about are nothing more than dust reflecting light and easily explained. Even when not explainable... reaching for the answer of a gost is just that... reaching, and can be explained by 10 other ways just as easily.

But, to answer your question... any camera can capture the image of a ghost... that and a little photosphoping.

Hahaha... when i first saw thename of the thread i thought that "Hey, it`s a new photo technique or what?"...

I see that it`s just a stupid talk about taking pictures of ghosts... no offense dude...

Anything can be photographed except childish fantasies...

I know some people believe in them and other dont, so i dont take offence to that :)

My problem is that we have a ghost in our kitchen, it is moving some of the chairs, moving dishes and also breaks some of the dishes occasionaly.

At night, my dog would all of a sudden bark and charge at something in the kitchen.

There is something there, because how can you explain the chairs an dishes moving? My dog is small and WAY to weak to move the chairs and the dishes are to high.

Each time i hear the chair move, i charge in there and start taking photos, but i havent picked up anything yet.

No offence taken, but I doubt you will "see" anything.

I may sound that I do not believe, but its more of an attitude of "until I see it with my own eyes, its just not possible".

I mean, if in several hundred years they've not been able to prove anything... and they've been and still are trying... chances are more that they don't than that they do.

I've been in the train tunnel in St. Catherines Ontario... nothing.
I've been in a 800 year old cemetary in the now Czech republic from dusk till dawn walking around... nothing.
I've been in the Jewish cemetary near Prague (Czech republic) from dusk till dawn walking around... nothing.
I've been to old abandoned zoos in Ontario that were supposedly haunted... nothing
I've been to 4 so called haunted houses in Dallas Texas... nothing.
I've spent the night at a supposedly haunted Inn (bed and breakfast) in St John's Newfoundland... nothing.

Either I am the most anti-ghost person in existance, or some other reason, but logic tends to tell me that ghosts per se don't exist.

well if you can`t see it... neither does the camera...though... i don`t know... try to find some resources about his kind of things...

Good luck :)

P.S. Anything has a good and logical explanation :)

Alright, obviously you need some sort of camera set up on a timer or one that can be activated by motion perhaps.

Your best bet would be to rig up a video camera on a tripod and let the damn thing run.

Are there ever any lights on in the kitchen when the ghost starts messing around? Do you think you can at least leave a small light on somewhere so you will have some light to shoot with.

Or, how about rigging up some type of nightvision equipment?

Good luck and make sure you post the photos here so we can see them.

To be honest with you Jerry, i also never believed in these things until the action in my kitchen started happening :D

What happens was that a old lady that my grandparents knew died recently and she gave all of her kitchen stuff to my grandmother in her will. My grandmother didnt want it, so she asked the rest of the family if anyone wants anything before she gives it away to charity.

I needed a one of the items, so i took it... just my luck that i got the object that the spirit was attached to...

There is a lady in my town that can talk to spirits, so i asked her to come take a look and she told me that she sees a old lady in my kitchen, what was interesting is that i never told her about the old lady that died (lucky guess maby?)

She also told me that the spitit can be attached to something in the kitchen and i should try to help her pass on into the next life... i told her i want to take a photo of the old lady first... she then lectured me about the dead is not to be played with and stuff like that.

So yea, i just want a photo of her 0_0

Hey, whatever turns your crank, I say... but I think you are wasting your time... time better served trying to take pictures of the living and a nice landscape. Besides, no matter what kind of picture shown, someone here could photoshop something similar in a short time anyways. Videos are not failproof as well. The same techniquest to forge a film can basically be used on video.

More people spend time on faking these things than actually trying to discover if it is real or not.

Alright, obviously you need some sort of camera set up on a timer or one that can be activated by motion perhaps.

Your best bet would be to rig up a video camera on a tripod and let the damn thing run.

Are there ever any lights on in the kitchen when the ghost starts messing around? Do you think you can at least leave a small light on somewhere so you will have some light to shoot with.

Or, how about rigging up some type of nightvision equipment?

Good luck and make sure you post the photos here so we can see them.

When the kitchen light is on, nothing happens. I did once try to stay in the kitchen to wait for something to happen, but nothing happend that night at all (except my dog charged at the kitchen 3 in the morning).

The motion sensor is a good idea, i think im going to try and get one of those and keep it pointed at the chairs!

KhronoS, the chairs in my kitchen is so heavy that 6 year old children has a hard time to move them :lol:

also, the back door is locked at night, so there is no wind or person that can come into my home from there!

Hey, whatever turns your crank, I say... but I think you are wasting your time... time better served trying to take pictures of the living and a nice landscape. Besides, no matter what kind of picture shown, someone here could photoshop something similar in a short time anyways. Videos are not failproof as well. The same techniquest to forge a film can basically be used on video.

More people spend time on faking these things than actually trying to discover if it is real or not.

I do realise that, but even if nobody believes me or someone photoshops something similar, i will always know that i did manage to take a photo of one that i know for sure was not edited or tampered with.

That is my goal with this spirit :)

P.S. If the old lady is not willing to pose for me, ill just help her pass on... but thats only laters worries :D

Any film camera will do, but it must use Ektachrome film to catch the ectoplasm.

Ive heard of that film before, if im not mistaking, its IR film.

I did some reading and alot of websites claims that any camera will work.

Currently i think the motion activated camera might work the best for me to get a photo.

Ektachrome is slide film, from what I know...

I know some people believe in them and other dont, so i dont take offence to that :)

My problem is that we have a ghost in our kitchen, it is moving some of the chairs, moving dishes and also breaks some of the dishes occasionaly.

At night, my dog would all of a sudden bark and charge at something in the kitchen.

There is something there, because how can you explain the chairs an dishes moving? My dog is small and WAY to weak to move the chairs and the dishes are to high.

Each time i hear the chair move, i charge in there and start taking photos, but i havent picked up anything yet.

I had a very similar experience. I bought a house that was built in 1938 and the people who built the house lived in the house until it was sold to me in 1992. Emma sold me the house because her husband George had recently died. Emma move to a condo which was easier to maintain.

So after Emma moved out and my family in ... doors would open and close and windows were left open. I never felt scared, no cold winds or rattling of bones ... I quickly figured out that it was George looking for Emma. I would explain to George that Emma had moved down the street and close the windows. This would happen about three times a week. One day while working on the bathroom sink I remove my wedding band. When I was done I could find the darn thing. I torn apart the plumbing searching and searching. Bought a replacement. About six months later the ring reappeared front and center on the medicine cabinet shelf. Often, when we would leave we'd tell George to watch the house.

When Emma died, there were no more window openings and door closings ... George and Emma were back together.

Never saw George or anything ghostly. So good luck to you.

Gary

PS- Like you, I never believed in ghosts/spirits before either.
G
PSPS- Set up a large box which is supported up on one end by a stick. Put the object she is attracted to under the box and tie a string to the object and to the stick. So when the ol' lady snatches the object the stick will be pulled and viola! ... you just caught yourself a ghost.
(joking ... but my story is true)
G

Most reactions

Back