What's new

Ghost Town School

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
An abandoned school in the ghost town of Hamberg, ND. This was quite the imposing building, especially considering that the population of Hamberg was 300 at its peak, more than a century ago...

The structure in the front of the building is a steeple that fell from the roof.

p223559045-4.jpg


Thanks for looking.
 
Veeeeeeeeery nice, but you know I always love your stuff.
 
Great overall shot, and the flower things in front add so much awesomesauce to it!
 
Thank you Chris, Dmitri and Chellie! The one thing I'm unhappy about this photograph is the absence of more clouds. Ironically, two hours earlier it was raining cats and dogs, so my friend and I decided to go to the next town to grab a bite and wait for the weather to change. When we returned... almost all the clouds were gone. Oh well...
 
Yeah, agree about the flowers. Sometimes your pictures have a little too much foreground for my taste, but this really works. I might crop a little off the left where there's not much happening, and you would be removing some cloudless sky at that!
 
I love the composition myself. Would make an interesting HDR subject. I can see your point about the clouds but it doesn't detract from the image. maybe need a trip back there and capture it when the conditions suit the story you want your image to tell. Waiting for the right conditions is the life of a landscape photographer sometimes.
 
Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom