Ghosting

droyz2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I feel incredibly dumb for asking this but I have been having problems with ghosting at times. I have been trying to take pictures inside my house (parents house) to help sell it. However, when I try to take pictures of that include windows i tend to get some ghosting. Can I solve that problem by taking my UV filter off or how do I correct the problem of ghosting? I did some searching on the sight and all it talks about is better filters and how they work or don't work, so I was hoping for a more definitive answer.

Take off the filter and try it. If the ghosting is gone, get a better filter (Hoya HMC is good and affordable).

Just take the filter off. I've had problems with ghosting even with fancier multicoated name brand filters, so that's not necessarily going to solve the problem either. You could also solve the problem by not shooting a particular area of the house when you've got harsh light coming through a window. That'll give more problems than just ghosting, like difficult or nearly impossible exposure, short of having a lot of lighting equipment. Pro real-estate shooters might have as many as a dozen flashes that they strategically place and remote fire.

I think that the problem is that my lens is crap as well. It is the nikon kit lens 18-70. From what I have read it is very prone to lens flare and the like. I am thinking that if I go for the 14-24 and the 24-70, that will solve a lot of the problems plus if I get better filters as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back