What's new

Giant House Rabbit

lemmingzappa

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got myself a Canon 20D yesterday, which is my first ever DSLR camera. Obviously still getting to grips with everything, but trying to learn as much as I can in manual mode first.
I grabbed a shot of one of our giant house rabbits and I quite like it considering it's one of my first images:

$7888927800_920ff2c068_c.webp (click to enlarge)

EXIF data here: Exif | IMG_7770 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looks a bit grainy but I assume that is down to the high ISO, I was struggling to get a natural look with the flash!
 
Last edited:
I like your lighting and focus but your background is too distracting and the floor needs to be cleaned up. Cute rabbit though :mrgreen:
 
I presume if i'm already at the lowest aperture setting there isn't a lot I can do about the background blur? Is the only way to make background more out of focus to use a different lens in this situation?

This was shot with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
 
You can do one of a couple things:

1. Move the rabbit away from the back wall -- this will help take the wall out of focus.
2. Step away from the rabbit and then zoom in from further away.

And you already did the other thing -- using the lowest aperture setting possible. You could have blurred out the background with one of the first two steps.
 
If I remember correctly I was already at full zoom at that point. So it was just placement of the rabbit then!

Thanks for your advice, this is all new to me.
 
No problem -- try shooting your rabbit again, maybe on some contrasting and SIMPLE background to his dark fur. That would really make him look hawt ;)
 
Here is our other rabbit to give you an idea of how big they are!

$253989_10151109713727311_1550808938_n.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom