Giant sea turtle

I love Mexico. You'll have a great time! Try to do your snorkeling as early as possible.

Yea.. Mexico is great... love the water, and the people are usually so nice! Where you going, Kathy?
Riviera Maya.

Cool! Nice area! You should have lots of fun! I think the Whale Sharks are still running up around Isla Mujeres... just a day trip if you want to snorkel with them. Carey Dive center on Isla is great, Gilberto could set you up! I am going to be heading to Puerto Vallarta next month (by myself, girlfriend couldn't get off)... so looking forward to that!

Yea.. Mexico is great... love the water, and the people are usually so nice! Where you going, Kathy?
Riviera Maya.

Just got back from Riviera Maya! The turtle pics I just posted are from Akumal, about 1 hr south of Cancun. I also recently posted some pictures of the milky way galaxy; those were taken on the beach near Tulum. I've been to Riviera Maya a few times, so let me know if you have any questions!
I heard the beaches are beautiful. Our travel agent just got back too and she said the beaches were in great shape. Did you have any rain?

Riviera Maya.

Cool! Nice area! You should have lots of fun! I think the Whale Sharks are still running up around Isla Mujeres... just a day trip if you want to snorkel with them. Carey Dive center on Isla is great, Gilberto could set you up! I am going to be heading to Puerto Vallarta next month (by myself, girlfriend couldn't get off)... so looking forward to that!
I definitely want to snorkel with the Whale Snarks. They look really incredible.

Riviera Maya.

I definitely want to snorkel with the Whale Snarks. They look really incredible.

For Whale Sharks you might also consider Isla Holbox, which is north of Cancun. There is plenty of wildlife there, including pink flamingos.
If you want even more rustic beauty, you can go down to Sian Ka'an biosphere, which is about 1.5 hours south of Cancun. I did this tour and it was spectacular (Muyil Forest & Float | Community Tours Sian Kaan)

As for rain, yes, expect rain as its the rainy season, but its usually just a few minutes. We had mostly clear, sunny days even though the weather forecast called for thunderstorms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back