Giesha on Kate

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all..

This is a trial on a Giesha shoot. What do you think?

Thank you

K1_zps66b364f1.jpg

The makeup looks good.

I find that the yellow 'hair sticks' are distracting because everything else is so monotone. I'm sure that would be less of an issue, if she were in a colorful Giesha costume.

The image has a nice sense of symmetry, except for the lighting pattern. I think the symmetry is working, so (if you were to shoot it again), I might suggest using a butterfly lighting pattern (light above the axis of her face).

i like it! i agree about the yellow sticks though. have you thought of having her dress up in geisha gear?

Samerr, good to see you back! I agree with the points above, and will add that it seems to me that her head is just ever so slightly off level. I like the image though!

she doesnt look submissive enough.

The asymmetrical lighting pattern does look quite weird here, yes. Also, the completely black background.

I realize that this is just a test, though. Symmetrical lighting pattern for this kind of pose (which is a classic Geisha look) and other patterns for less symmetrical poses, I'd suggest.

Makeup looks great. I'd suggest going with vibrant green instead of the yellow, to contrast better with the reddish hair and the red lipstick. Complementary colors and all that. You do run the risk of looking a little like Christmas, so possibly a blueish green or turquoise.

Need to keep working on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back