Gift idea: Am I going to be hounded to "buy more stuff!" at this event?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was considering buying 2 of these for my girls who are hams in front of the camera. I think they would really enjoy this event because they love to be photographed.

My question is this: At such a huge savings (93% discount), will I be expected to buy a bunch of additional "stuff" at this event to make it worth the photographer's time?

The Best Daily Deals in Washington, D.C. - Model Discovery Casting - All-Ages Fashion Shoot with Celebrity Photographer

Is anybody familiar with these types of shows/events who can offer suggestions?

Thanks!

Found this on another site. Sounds like you will be ok, just don't let them take a credit card with them.

For those of you inquiring about Model Discovery Casting, I just took my kids today and basically it is a glorified portrait session. I originally heard about them through Living Social. It was advertised as: All-Ages Fashion Shoot with Celebrity Photographer, Plus Casting Call with Modeling Agent and $100 Toward Hair, Makeup, or Photo Package. So, we waited an hour and a half before our photo shoot. My kids just wore the clothes they came in, costume changes were not allowed. Their website says they do a 50 image shoot, but I bought a voucher for each of my 2 kids, and I’m pretty sure we didn’t even get 50 images in total. There was no casting call, it was just advice/question & answer with an agent. And by advice, I mean a piece of paper with a list of agencies to contact. They give $100 to spend on either hair & makeup ($50) or a USB drive with all your images and the rights to those images ($299).
I wouldn’t classify Model Discovery Casting as a scam, per se. They do most of what they claim, maybe just not to the extent they claim. It seems very half-assed compared to their website or the Living Social description. Definitely not worth the money. If you want to get nice head shots and get advice on how to solicit your photos to agencies, I would suggest finding an amateur photographer with a good camera and do you research online. You would get the same results, if not better than going to MDC!!!

Found this on another site. Sounds like you will be ok, just don't let them take a credit card with them.

For those of you inquiring about Model Discovery Casting, I just took my kids today and basically it is a glorified portrait session. I originally heard about them through Living Social. It was advertised as: All-Ages Fashion Shoot with Celebrity Photographer, Plus Casting Call with Modeling Agent and $100 Toward Hair, Makeup, or Photo Package. So, we waited an hour and a half before our photo shoot. My kids just wore the clothes they came in, costume changes were not allowed. Their website says they do a 50 image shoot, but I bought a voucher for each of my 2 kids, and I’m pretty sure we didn’t even get 50 images in total. There was no casting call, it was just advice/question & answer with an agent. And by advice, I mean a piece of paper with a list of agencies to contact. They give $100 to spend on either hair & makeup ($50) or a USB drive with all your images and the rights to those images ($299).
I wouldn’t classify Model Discovery Casting as a scam, per se. They do most of what they claim, maybe just not to the extent they claim. It seems very half-assed compared to their website or the Living Social description. Definitely not worth the money. If you want to get nice head shots and get advice on how to solicit your photos to agencies, I would suggest finding an amateur photographer with a good camera and do you research online. You would get the same results, if not better than going to MDC!!!

Great find!!! Thanks!! :hail:

You did not mention the cost of this outing. It sounds to me as if it will be great fun for the girls, in spite of the potential to be hooked into further purchases.

I Googled the event and looked at the reviews and they were BAD.....

I'm done with this idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back