Girls blowing bubbles(children)

WolfSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1679306482_604e10c34e.jpg

How would I use flickr to get this photo to post as an image and not a link?

Does that work?

C&C welcome

I'm not sure flickr allows hotlinking. You can set up a free account with photobucket and it will allow you to do that. Photobucket and smugmug are what most folks use I think. It will automatically generate an img tag that you just copy and paste in the body of your post.

Great pic.

C&C (only ideas, your pic is nice though)
- maybe try a shallow DOF (larger aperture), and get some bubbles in focus (manual focus to do this probably) and the girls a bit out of focus. It may be a cool effect.
- you'll probably get this again, but crop it so the girls aren't as in-the-center.

Yeah I have photo bucket, I'm testing between the two sites. I like flickr because people comment right there on the shots and stuff. As far as the crop, I think I took that shot back before I knew anything about compisition. Thanks for the advice though. And the DOF if I get another chance I'm gonna do that.

Like this?

1679306482_604e10c34e.jpg

Use the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags, but I put in spaces before the IMG letters so you could see this, remove those.
[ img ] "picture URL" [ /img ]

BTW, cool pic!

Composition comment: GET DOWN THERE!!! Don't shoot kids from the grown-up angle down, you'll get a much more interesting composition if you're down at their eye-level.

Well, a) I made your photos visible. You can as well link from flickr as you can from Photobucket, the only thing you need to watch out for is the extension past the .jpg-extension: flickr always adds a further v?=0 ... and that MUST be left out. The URL must end in .jpg and nothing else. That is important.

Other than that b) this is a cute photo, but I definitely agree with Iron_Flatline here: next time crouch down and get yourself on THEIR level, that'll also avoid you "amputate" their legs, AND the photo will feel a lot less "superior" as in "I am the big man, you are the small children".

And c) - even the photos of beginners to both the hobby and the forums are to be shown in the galleries, while The Beginners' Place is designed to be a Q&A-forum, so I moved the thread. OK ? :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back