Glamour Photographers! Great Opportunity!

socaltaras

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
June 5th - Glamour Bash in Orange County, CA!

Six to Ten models (including me!) with twenty to twenty-five photographers. All having fun, with great shots at a great price. It runs from 11-2 with one-on-one bookings available afterward! And when you book talent the day of the shoot, we waive all studio rental fees, lighting fees and most other surcharges.

Perfect for beginner to advanced photographers!

Sign up today! All this for only $60 when you pay in advance or $75 at the door. Reservations are recommended!

Advance payments may be made by Cash, Check, MasterCard, Visa or PayPal. Credit card payments are accepted by phone.

The studio is located at: 5241 Lincoln, Suite A-6, Cypress, CA 90630.

Call the office at (714) 484-2722 to sign up or for more information.

If you can't make this one check out the websites event list! We offer them a couple times a month and have photo workshops!

Check out the site for more details! www.socalpromodels.com

You want me to pay to have the priviledge of shooting? where's the haha button?

My fee is $1200/day + expenses, including assistant, make-up, film, processing, etc.

So what is the $60.00 for? If that the model fee and do they sigh a release? For the fee do we get a one-on-pne time? Why are the other photographers listed as a plus?

I've been a photographer for a number of years, I was also in the modeling business in the early 80's. This has scam written all over it. Now if this was a workshop, that may be a different story.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a "scam"....just a silly sales attempt. I mean, you should never have to pay. Today there are thousands of people who think they are models that would pay you for the chance to have their pics professionally (even semi-professionally) made.

More power to these guys if they can get people to come, no one's forcing anyone.

I call it scam. There's been many professional news write ups and Better Business Bureau reports that refer to this type of thing as a scam.

I think that's kinda harsh. Not every beginning photographer is all that great at getting decent models. If you can, then there's no need for you to go, but I don't see an issue if someone wants to.

Money makes the world go around. I don't see that 60 bucks is an unreasonable amount to pay for a beginner to go spend a day taking pictures of some attractive models and I'm not going to fault anyone for trying to make a buck off it.

If it's not as advertised, then that's different. Buyer beware.

I'm not sure about the whole spamming the forum thing, though.

Daniel

MDowdey said:
whatever happened to free?

md
I think that's a bit unrealistic given the location of the thing.

And I'm not a big proponent of either a photographer or model giving away their services for free. At the very least, someone should get a token cup of coffee.

Daniel

hell im down for a cup of joe...but what happened to helping someone out with thei art? instead of the business aspect of it? it just sounds dumb to me...but what would i know...

md

MDowdey said:
hell im down for a cup of joe...but what happened to helping someone out with thei art? instead of the business aspect of it? it just sounds dumb to me...but what would i know...

md
I can see where you are coming from. I've never paid for a model (Besides TFP) and don't ever plan to. I just don't see the point of getting bent out of shape if someone does ask for recompense. Simply decline the offer and leave it at that. No need to shove the offer up their butt.

Daniel

Having now worked with an experienced model, I can say that this group is providing a service that I think some people would find useful. I've had great fun and learned a lot from photographing friends, but this was a new experience for me. It was still TFP, so I didn't have to pay her, but I was lucky that she enjoyed my work enough that she felt it was worth taking the time to work with me. Unless you have a style that a model likes and wants to have in their portfolio, it's unlikely that a beginner will be able to work with someone experienced, and that's a great way to learn.

I'm not so hot on it being a group of photographers, but $60 is actually cheap for several hours of a model's time. Time is money, and if they model for you for free when it's how they make their living, how do they pay for rent, food, etc.?

If you don't like the idea, don't go; if you can get models without paying them, that's great; but I agree that it's unfair to knock someone for going to one of these.

Most reactions

Back