Glass Ball

512_SIR II

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got my T1i kit for christmas and have been messing around with it here and there taking many photos of my car and other random stuff but I haven't really felt like anything was worth posting (i'm extremely self critical). I found this glass ball in with all my old stuff and thought it would be a cool idea. I'm honestly not very happy with the way they came out and to me something seems to be missing or just a little off. If you guys can give me any advise for how to bring in that "extra" element and make this idea really pop that would be great. Thanks guys
Info : Shutter (0.5) Aperture (5.6) ISO (500)
Info : Shutter (0.5) Aperture (5.6) ISO (800)
Info : Shutter (1/4) Aperture (10) Ex-comp (-1) ISO (1600)
Info : Shutter (0.5) Aperture (5.6) Ex-comp (+2/3) ISO (1600)

I really like #2, the inside of the glass is really sharp and there is enough separation between the background and the glass.

Good point about the separation, I never really thought about how that would effect things. thanks

I dig #3. I would like it a whole lot more if you cloned out the smudgy looking bleedthrough on the background (like at the 10:00 area of the subject)

That looks much better, hmm, maybe it's just me but the photo looks quite off-balanced. As in, I feel the composition should be centered (Like in photo #1). I like it though :)

#2 is fantastic!

I thought my mouse pointer was in the middle of the picture because that one bubble looks like a hand...

Thanks guys. lyonsroar, haha I thought my mouse was there too when I first looked at it. It messes with me everytime now.
I took acouple where it was in the center of the image but to me it just didn't look right. I wish I had a wide angle lens, I think that would of given it a cool look.

These are well done, I like them all. I do feel that the composition doesn't quite work for most of them (#3 is the best IMO), but it's hard to know what I would do differently. I was thinking a really tight crop so you can only see the inside of the ball would be cool.

Great shots. Indeed, try some different crops. tight one, big ones....There is a lot of potential

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the input. I took one that was a really tight crop that works for more of an abstract thing but I didn't think it worked out to well so I didnt post it, but here it is anyway. Oh and I know my thing says my photos are not ok to edit, but if anyone has an idea of how to make these look better go ahead and do it, its cool with me.

#1 and #2 are pretty good. Including the base and whatever it's sitting on makes the pics more interesting than the third and fourth ones. The colored rays of light in the background in #1 and #2 are interesting, as is the ball itself.

Thanks, the color rays in the background are from an old night light I used to have.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back