Glass for Framing

mcw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
When I first got out of college and had some photo prints and posters framed, I was dirt poor and had them done with 'regular' glass. The kind that reflects a bunch. I just couldn't afford what the frame shop told me was Museum Quality glass that doesn't reflect and its as if it isn't even there. But I just HAD to have some of this stuff framed.

So now I'm not so poor and I want to go back and have that non-reflective glass put into those old prints and posters. Some of the posters are 2' x 2' or larger.

My question to you folks… is there any more economical option I may have to just going back to a framing store to have them replace the glass? Does anybody frame their own prints and might know a better way to get their hands on that kind of glass? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks!

The type of glass you need usually isn't cost effective to ship (or the amounts needed to purchase and ship are huge). You might be able to work out something with a framing shop for a discount if you buy in bulk.

I Run the local Liquidation world but seen teh same thing when i ran united furniture/ the brick. People go in buy the cheepest frame they can find cut it apart and use teh frame/glass for one of their other pic's. Not sure what kind of glass is in them but i don't see much of a reflection

Most reactions

Back