Glen Grant

NS: Nikon Shooter

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Québécois in central Europe since 1989 🇨🇦
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
GlenGrant%20%201755.jpg

this scenery has interesting lightning but still not enough ... too dark shadows for the shot like this for me and also there seems to me that there is some issue with focus ... why would you place there those chips when they don't seem in focus and they are dark as hell ?

… why would you place there those chips when they don't seem in focus and they are dark as hell ?

Because I can.

1— I use negative Scheimpflug values to reduce to the étiquette the DoF.
2— the chips are only props and are nothing but a recognisable presence.

Last edited:
Because I can.

1— I use negative Scheimpflug values to reduce to the étiquette the DoF.
2— the chips are only props and are nothing but a recognisable presence.

no, it's photo, visual thing ... dark as hell and out-of-focus chips don't make it better IMO (at least for me, and when it happens for me, then there's a good chance that it's like that for somebody else too) ... ofc, you can have a smart answer on every and each opinion that you get, with incredible quantity that you feed here on the forum (and disputable quality) you're likely to get a lot of opinions .. I noticed somewhere that you're elderly guy (retired) so I would expect some established level of self-consciousness and meekness which is obviously far not your case .. with this approach you will irritate people and some will give up on giving you feedback (because telling you anything other than agreeing with you just sucks) and some others will clash with you more often .. this all is accentuated by simple fact, that no matter what you say, I didn't notice (because you do not do it) that you rate (and care) in sensible way the work of other people posting here, you just only rate in response those posts that praise your photos (if they do) or also you like to mentor people in case when they ask some technical question ..

Please try to understand, that this is photography forum and however here are nice people who "likes everything" there are also other kind of people who are determined to improve and go under the surface in photography via receiving and giving and sharing a technical feedback and opinions with other photographers .. if you're that type that is only able to sustain praise and approving, then you might perhaps consider posting on platforms that are not strictly much into photography itself, like facebook or other social media ..

cheers, ~d

I like the shot. The chips evoke some thought. Like some friends playing poker and sharing a drink.

Most reactions

Back