Global Warming?

E-jeezy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A picture I took of a buddy for a journalism project...let me know what you think :D

eap10l.jpg

Any thoughts, comments, or critiques? This photo was shot using a cannon 7d and 3 alienbee b800's

I like it. I keep feeling that his head is cropped a bit tightly at the top, maybe it's just me, but that grabbed my attention. I like the lighting.
How did he not burn his hands?

Last edited:
Great idea but the globe is not focused AT ALL, which is probably your main subject. Maybe use a smaller aperture and put your camera further away from the subject? I would prefer less cropping on the top and maybe desaturate the person. Also, the person's head doesn't seem to be proportional to the body.

It is a good pic but it looks like you did some editing around his arm and fingers on the right side?

Its a case of the floating head and arms.black on black ..The concept is sweet, but I agree about the Earth being OOF, it should be the main focus, not the fellows face?

Composition cuts off his head and hands, gotta watch those bits;)

We used vaseline for his hands, I agree on the focus point first time using that particular camera, as well as a 50mm prime. I prefer my telescopic lenses :) I would have preferred a white shirt for the talent. And i didn't realize how sloppy I got with the editing, late night photoshop for ya

Thanks for the comments guys, it's appreciated

Everything that's been said already, with one addition:

I think it would have been much better if you had gelled the strobe to match the fire.
It's a small thing, but I think it would make a big difference.

The light on the top right (diagonally) half (from the camera) doesn't match the rest of it. Everything but that area looks as if it's being lit just by the fire (not saying it is, but that's the 'look' it has).

Everything that's been said already, with one addition:

I think it would have been much better if you had gelled the strobe to match the fire.
It's a small thing, but I think it would make a big difference.

The light on the top right (diagonally) half (from the camera) doesn't match the rest of it. Everything but that area looks as if it's being lit just by the fire (not saying it is, but that's the 'look' it has).

Yeah I totally agree with that, didn't even notice it before. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Nice... in some ways. I like the shirt lost in the background, the shadows, the color (skin tones), and the photo in general.

The wide angle lens though makes for a big head/little body. And I'm not so up on cutting off his head.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back