goalkeeper

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I noticed I was at my 999th post. So for my 1000th post, I wanted something a bit more than posting an inane comment at someone's thread. I do a fair amount of that.

To set the stage, my son's U17 team, RVFC 92 won the state championship.

See this thread.

So here are some photos.

3517845532_f4482cec23.jpg

3539831384_200f8d06d2.jpg

3539831804_06b2b74862.jpg

3539832394_3304f2e080.jpg

Congratulations to your son and his team, that is a great achievement for the boys!

I love the pictures, especially #1. I love seeing forwards recoiling in fear of the keeper!

And congrats on the 1000th post!

Congratulations to your son and his team, that is a great achievement for the boys!

I love the pictures, especially #1. I love seeing forwards recoiling in fear of the keeper!

And congrats on the 1000th post!
Thanks.

From a game earlier in the season, when he was asked to help out on the U18 team.

3433838056_1319c78f87.jpg

He made the grab and stopped the play.

Nice. If I may, here is one of my son making the grab. He is U12, but unfortunately his team did not make the playoffs.

3487280391_8eae4a8972.jpg

Sad thing is, next fall he wants to play football for his school. When I asked him why he didn't want to play soccer next fall, he said it was no longer fun. Hopefully he will come back to it, but in the meantime I have to come up with the money for a 2.8 zoom for night shots of football.

Sad thing is, next fall he wants to play football for his school. When I asked him why he didn't want to play soccer next fall, he said it was no longer fun. Hopefully he will come back to it, but in the meantime I have to come up with the money for a 2.8 zoom for night shots of football.
Those night games were what prompted me to get my f/2.8. It was way worth it.

And if it's not fun, he shouldn't do it. Association football, grid iron football, it doesn't matter. As long as he's active and having fun.

My son says if he lived back east or in the midwest, he'd probably have gone into lacrosse.

Here's a photo from early in the second half, when the team was down 0:1.

Came close to being down 0:2.

3558107675_dbd31aee01.jpg

And here's his landing from that grab.

3558107875_a85f0e2da4.jpg

Looks like Christopher Reeve floating to a landing in that first Superman movie!

I quite like this one! Don't know why - it doesn't show that huge amount of ACTION, more of your son, maybe that's why. And I sure know that I do like that good, clear, really sharp focus!

Thank you Corinna. Thankfully he gets his looks from his mother. :eek:)

Those night games were what prompted me to get my f/2.8. It was way worth it.

Have to admit, I like having a reason to justify it, just have to figure out where the $$ will come from.

And if it's not fun, he shouldn't do it. Association football, grid iron football, it doesn't matter. As long as he's active and having fun.

I could not agree more. My wife and I have always said as long as they are doing something, we don't care what. I do have to say I won't miss the 3 nights of practice/week and it will be nice to have weekends free.

3558107875_a85f0e2da4.jpg

Looks like Christopher Reeve floating to a landing in that first Superman movie!

He really does! That is a great shot.

I could not agree more. My wife and I have always said as long as they are doing something, we don't care what. I do have to say I won't miss the 3 nights of practice/week and it will be nice to have weekends free.
Enjoy. It won't be much longer before he's driving himself to whatever practices he attends. In one respect, it's really helpful not having to take off work early to drive home, then drive him and other players to the practices. In another respect, I miss watching those practices.

This'll be my last year of consistently watching him play. After this, he'll be off in college somewhere. Who knows how much I'll get to see?

Here's one of him rolling it out to his defender for further clearing.

3558918080_131f076bf6_o.jpg

And one where one of his defenders had passed it back to him to switch fields.

3558108283_501c4c9274_o.jpg

Nice ones again, John. And believe me, you'll miss him when he'll be off to college. My son's 20 now and moved out to live elsewhere in his student digs last year in autumn, and he only comes home rarely (once in about 8 weeks or so), has been home for the prolonged weekend and returned yesterday ... and I miss him!

Most reactions

Back