God Help Me

Alpha

Troll Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:banghead:

I just committed a horribly egregious writing error in a cover letter for an application to a writing job. What a spectacular example of my proofing skills, too! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ****. Me. The irony is killing me!

Care to share what the error was?

My roommate recently made a copy of his resume where he accidentally wrote his phone number with the wrong area code (800-xxx-xxxx instead of 860-xxx-xxxx), and sent it out to numerous employers. When he discovered this, he tried calling the 800 number to see if it is actually connected, and was promptly greeted with a recorded message saying "Don't wait to meet new and exciting people! Talk to them now! Call 962-TALK!" We all got a pretty good laugh out of it :)

Sure. It's started with "I'm very interesting in your opening for a new staff writer."

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Care to share what the error was?

My roommate recently made a copy of his resume where he accidentally wrote his phone number with the wrong area code (800-xxx-xxxx instead of 860-xxx-xxxx), and sent it out to numerous employers. When he discovered this, he tried calling the 800 number to see if it is actually connected, and was promptly greeted with a recorded message saying "Don't wait to meet new and exciting people! Talk to them now! Call 962-TALK!" We all got a pretty good laugh out of it :)

That is FANTASTIC!

I'm in the same boat almost.

I actually still got the interview though. I was doing a test run report about a guy named Chris something'er'other, and I accidentally wrote something like

" Christ was rounding second when the ball finally wobbled to a stop..."

Christ.

Was playing baseball.

And I wrote about it.

lucky me i guess. :)

Luckily the Ed had a sense of humor.....so I got the interview and two more test articles to write. Turned those in this morning...haven't heard back yet......

so, it might not be so bad. no one's perfect, and they know that.

Alpha if your last name is by any chance Woo then that wont be a problem. :)

I did the same thing too, but fortunately I customise my letters to each company. But with any luck the HR lady reads it on a friday afternoon and won't even notice it.

I guess this isn't as bad as a resume. But some times when I am waiting tables and it is crazy busy I will walk up to a table that already has drinks and their meals and instead of asking them if everything is OK. I will ask them if I can get them anything to drink. I usually get dumbfounded looks. :lol: At I still haven't got a tip from them so it is kinda like a interview. :blushing:

I made a mistake on my resume for an editing job back in school.

I got to the interview and the first question was, "Ms. X, did you know that address has two D's?"

It was a short interview.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back