Goin' to Colorado

j-digg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, going to Colorado in a couple weeks for about 5 days to watch / shoot ( to the best of my abilities ;) ) my buddy play in Aspen and Colorado Springs... will have a car to get around in etc. and will have some free time. Anyhow Im just wondering what places or parks around these areas are particularly gorgeous and great to view and shoot, be it rivers, mountains or anything. Im from MN and the landscapes here are quite bland for the most part lol, so excited for the trip.. wooo!

An area nearby that I have made many stock images is Glenwood Canyon, on I-70 about 50 mi NW of Aspen. Use Highway 82 to Glenwood Springs and go east on I-70 a few miles. The Colorado river runs through the canyon too though this is close to it's headwaters.

Garden of the Gods

I second that.

An area nearby that I have made many stock images is Glenwood Canyon, on I-70 about 50 mi NW of Aspen. Use Highway 82 to Glenwood Springs and go east on I-70 a few miles. The Colorado river runs through the canyon too though this is close to it's headwaters
Also very cool area. If you have the time, you may want to consider renting some bikes in Glenwood Springs. They have a great trail system there there's a bike path that follows along the Colorado river from Glenwood Springs. The only downer is that it also follows the Interstate. It's still pretty cool though. One path goes all the way from Glenwood Springs to Aspen. (If you enjoy biking of course).

I thought Pikes Peak was pretty cool too. There's a few really nice lakes to stop at on the way up.

Don't plan on hiking too far at the top, unless your used to high altitudes. :)
I had to stop every once in a while to get my breath.

Awesome views on the right days.

Dan

Thanks SO much guys, and keep em rolling :p yeah I wanted to get out and do some hiking for a day for sure, the biking idea sounds great too.

These are of Garden of the Gods. I know they're not the best photos, but they are as good as I can get right now... and this is before I had any PP software.

3572699776_cd888d5c11_o.jpg

3572699976_5c147ae697_o.jpg

Hanging Lake__A wonderful 1.5 mile hike up to a mountain top lake.

Garden of the Gods__Dusk or Dawn is best. Bring a tripod--I didn't :grumpy:. Shoot Black and White.

Both of these have free admission. Near Glenwood Canyon is White River National Forest, I have never been to the forest, but the canyon is beautiful so I assume the forest will get you away from the road and show some beauty.

Have a good one
3Eo

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

Garden of the gods has some great shots. You can also get some good shots of the Garden from near by Red Rocks Open Space but it will require some hiking. Driving pikes peak will give you some great shots of the city and the North Face which is still holding snow so its more dramatic looking. Also in both the Garden and Pikes Peak keep your eye out for Big Horn sheep. Not far away are several old mining towns that have some fun old equipment to shoot. One example would be Cripple Creek. We've had a nice wet year which has kept the skys clear of dust and crap and the grass green. I'd expect that you'll find some great fields of wildflowers in the Mtns outside of aspen but I can't think of specifics right now. Have fun.

Thanks again guys I looked up CO on Flickr and saw that Maroon Bells looks like a great place as well.

3726270989_0f87fd955f_m.jpg
Garden of the Gods

3726268959_ae231c5420_m.jpg
Garden of the Gods

3727072012_dc92f23b4b_m.jpg
Hanging Lake

3726263667_913553d59e_m.jpg
Hanging Lake

3727067588_792edc07ea_m.jpg
Glenwood Canyon

have a good one
3Eo