Going Digital

Or you can make sure to get the Wb right in camera- just like you would with film. Which is a good reason to get a NIkon D200. It's as easy as taking a photo with the constant light of a studio (or anywhere else) and the D200 has buttons to push. mike

I'm not really sure I see your point there. The last few posts were about monitor calibration, which is important for a lot more than white balance.

I thought about getting a Canon, but I really wanted to try a Nikon. I know it's usually preference with the brand issue, and I've always had good luck with Canon (until recently).

Don't listen to that big guy, get yourself a Nikon! :lol:
The D80 is plenty to get started with although I don't like it's slightly smaller size compared to the D70.

I am freaked out......I swore I'd never go digital til film was competely over, so this is a big step for me anyway. And I'm not quite ready to get into heavy editing. At the moment, I have a Toshiba laptop.

Don't worry about heavy editing but finding a good workflow to get your pictures in and out of your computer will go a long way towards your enjoyment of digital photography.

Most reactions

Back