Going into my own business, anyone know how to get the watermark?

With the questions you are asking about editing software... it is evident that you have no or little knowledge of Post Processing.. which is a very necessary technique for a professional photographer, especially with RAW files. This indicates a severe lack of experience, that might make producing professional quality images difficult.

Please post some of your work, and allow us to evaluate it. With that, we can give better, more pertinent advice for you.

Seriously you are not ready to go into business or sell anything professionally. A watermark is something that you design with photoshop typically it is a vector image. At this point you have big dreams and no skills. Slow your roll until you actually know where you are at artistically.

Photoshop Elements 10 will only run you around $100 which isn't expensive at all considering the full CS version could cost you considerably more.
PsE 10 is consumer grade software and more like $76: Adobe Photoshop Elements 10
Photoshop CS5 is professional grade software $657 - Adobe Photoshop CS5 (Students can qualify for up to 80% off the price of Adobe software)

For just $43 - Corel PaintShop Pro X4 Ultimate

GIMP and Photoscape don't cost anything.

Photoscape : Free Photo Editing Software (Photo Editor) Download
GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
^^ This! Of course Piknik is free too.. but won't be available long term!

Lightroom/CS5 on the student price plan..... the good 'ole days are here
bigthumb.gif

Thats basically what happened to me. When I got my T3i this past christmas I got a letter in the mail from Canon saying I was "Super-Pro" and that I could sell my photos for as much as I wanted since they were taken with a DSLR. After just a small fee to the Im-New-But-Super-Pro Foundation, I got a watermark in the mail and my first gig photographing a wedding in a South African tribal village. Pretty sweet deal, I know, but I had to pass it up considering I live in California.

uuh... you're kidding, right? Damn.. maybe I should have bought Canon! Is that why so many people on here shoot Canon? The instant Super-Pro thing? lol! ;P

Thats basically what happened to me. When I got my T3i this past christmas I got a letter in the mail from Canon saying I was "Super-Pro" and that I could sell my photos for as much as I wanted since they were taken with a DSLR. After just a small fee to the Im-New-But-Super-Pro Foundation, I got a watermark in the mail and my first gig photographing a wedding in a South African tribal village. Pretty sweet deal, I know, but I had to pass it up considering I live in California.

Nikon needs to step it up
bigthumb.gif

Makes me wish I didn't buy my camera body used :(

:( Where did Colleen go??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back