Going through Customs..

All your gear can go onboard, you don't even have to bag it. Just don't go bigger than the onboard baggage size allowance, no camera back pack does.

P.S. Don't be an ass with security about "how precious" your kit is, they've heard it all a zillion times over. Just keep inside the 7kg + certain dimensions rules and your clear.

P.P.S shouts out to Sideburns and his lifetime worldly advice and guidance, as useful as ever. -keep racking up that post score bro.

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm?
Take it easy, man. I offered my help. I have had experience with it. Whether you like it or not, you're not the only one who can help. Sorry for suggesting the whole "better safe than sorry" thing...since I've lost a camera to a flight before (whether it's security or otherwise...I'm not one for taking chances)

If you're flying on a 737 then ask for seat 14F (only available at check in because it's an emergency seat). It's over the right wing that you can use for a feature in your shots and it has no seat in front of you so you can slump out on the seat. Enjoy the alps. :thumbup:

Most emergency seats (or all?) don't recline... if you want a nap while flying, you might want to think about that.

On another point, im going to Austria sat morning.... snowboarding.
At the moment i can only fit my camera and 3 smaller lenses in my bag.. camera, 10-20mm, 18-55 and 55-200. However not sure if i should take the 100-400.. means it wouldnt be with all my other camera stuff? You think its gonna be worth taking it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back