Going to buy my first dslr today

:lol: Good luck with that! Congrats on the new purchase! There are many of us d60/d40 users who would love to have that camera.
Well i am loving this camera. It is awesome and the picture quality won over my wife.

Great choice!!! You will love it and Nikon.
I really do!
Congratulations - I'm sure you'll be happy with it. You should have brought home some flowers too - to soften the blow, lol!
Well she is taking it quite well after seeing the receipt. Its ok now. and i stopped sweating already! lol.

You will never regret buying the D90, thats a great DSLR, also have the advantage that it records HD video ( 720p ). Enjoy your toy :thumbup:
Thanks!

Anyone know of any good tutorials on photography? I want to be able to get the full functionality of this camera. Thanks and I look forward to everyones input.

Anyone know of any good tutorials on photography? I want to be able to get the full functionality of this camera. Thanks and I look forward to everyones input.
The manual is sufficient.

Ok, I'll say it.

1.) Understanding Exposure, by Bryan Peterson

2.) Take a shiite load of pictures.

I recommend for you to start using it in the Auto mode, when you get the feel of it, change to Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority. When finally you dominate the technique, switch to manual. I always shoot in manual mode and manual focus :thumbup:

Also:

The Digital Photography Book
and the second volume of that, by Kelby.

You could consider The Digital Photographer's Companion.

By the way, great camera. :)

No. Because having to relearn the features that the utility of a "better" camera offers is a pain in the ass. If the OP has the capability of buying a camera like the D90 over the D40/D60 or 40D/XSi or whatever Sony offers - he should go for it. Period. Being new to the game is even more incentive to do so.

This nonsense about "camera feel" is silly - your muscle memory will adapt to the fell of WHATEVER camera you get. Unless a manufacturer is building camera bodies with spikes in them, or that are so ergonomically **** that a person suffers from using it - then yea, camera feel would rate somewhere around "What media does the camera use. . ." as far as importance to my decision.

Noob A: "I'm looking at an Olympus E510 and a Canon 1D MKIII, which is better?"

Noob B: "It doesn't matter, get which ever one feels right in you hand."

:meh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back