Going to Guam

RyanMR05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started photography about 6 months ago and I live in Alaska. I am getting ready to go to Guam for a few months and I know that the scenery is different. I like landscape photography and here there are mountains everywhere and the water is not a typical ocean.

So any hints and tips on taking pictures with blue ocean and awesome sunsets? Also, I have a Canon D10 underwater camera. Any tips on shooting underwater?

I have Canon XSi with Canon 10-22mm, Sigma 150-500mm, Canon 75-300mm, and kit 18-55mm.

Any advice will help. I have never been to a tropical island so I am trying to get as much info as I can on what to expect...photography wise.

Thanks

Hafa Adai!

I live in Guam.... so weird, I see pics of Alaska and wish I could shoot there sometime! Yes, you're right... very different landscape. There are beautiful volcanic mountains and warm, turquoise clear water... I love it here (been here for almost 3 years).

I just take underwater snapshots so I use an Olympus Stylus 1030W... its proof for 30 feet for diving, and I take it hiking with me. Not a professional camera or anything but surprisingly i've gotten some great shots.

Thats awesome you have a wide angle lens... as you probably love using it in Alaska you'll love using it in Guam... I want to get one so bad!

I use a polarizing filter most of the time outdoors to get the blue sky and water... works great.

PM me if you have any questions about Guam!! look forward to meeting a fellow photographer! :cheers:

My complaints is that there is no good printshops here... they're crap IMO

Most reactions

Back