Golden Bothriechis schlegelii

I don't like snakes but this is an amazing shot. Love the contrast between the yellow snake and the bark on the tree.

i don't like snakes either... i hope you're using a 600mm with a 2x extender!

cool picture. makes me feel like he's a second away from striking! :eek

Nice! Did you consider cropping the top of the image down? The out of focus branch, etc at the top right corner distracts from the rest of the image, IMO.

I don't like snakes but this is an amazing shot. Love the contrast between the yellow snake and the bark on the tree.
Thanks.

i don't like snakes either... i hope you're using a 600mm with a 2x extender!

cool picture. makes me feel like he's a second away from striking! :eek

haha, I used the nifty 50mm f/1.8 for this one. He did strike a few times but I was not able to catch it in action. I do have a striking pose from this guys girlfriend, you can see the shot here: http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/76401_1471734719584_1420119798_31039938_4878116_n.jpg

Nice! Did you consider cropping the top of the image down? The out of focus branch, etc at the top right corner distracts from the rest of the image, IMO.

yes, I did play with it some but in order to do that I would have to crop out the top of some of his coils which completely changes the composition of the shot and I wasn't crazy about it. I uploaded the uncropped image so feel free to play with it some, Maybe you can find a better solution than me.

Uncropped B. schleg. by Snakeguy101, on Flickr

Hmm, I see what you mean. Here's one attempt, just cropped a bit closer, plus I darkened the branch a bit:

6330597866_41393e8a8b_b.jpg

And here's a totally different crop, which I realize doesn't reflect what your original intention was, and the texture of the scales gets lost, but this version focuses more on the snakes face:

cropmore6330597866_41393e8a8b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I like what you did by burning the branch some. I will give that a shot. Thanks.

Beautiful Snake! Love the coloration... would love to see a real tight close up of his/her face!

Also really like the tight vertical crop that Blacksheep did... shows off the color and detail nicely. Would love to see the original cropped that way with as much detail as possible.

Most reactions

Back