Golden Canyon

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm becoming fascinated with this canyon. I need to get up there sometime during a sunset.

400-1331.jpg

Sure, I am not surprised this canyon fascinates you more and more!
It is beautiful.
Yes - maybe you should go back at sunset. Could be even more interesting!
Looks like the perfect place for a field day for first year geology students.

Thanks Matt.

LaFoto, you hit the nail on the head. I'm trying to learn about geology and shooting examples of the self-guided walking tour through this canyon in Death Valley is where I decided to start. This particular shot is also a prime example of a "Barren Habitat," which works in well with the desert wildlife pages I've been working on.

tpe, your suggestion has me producing some interesting results out of what I feel are shots that were initially too contrasty and colorful being done in full sun. I'll post them later, just wanted to say thanks.

That shot my friend is one of the best I've seen of yours, love the colours, detail and textures

I really like it. I think shooting landscapes in the bright, mid day sun is almost impossible, particularly with color, but I think you did a great job here. The dark shadow at the bottom really works here. Wonderful complimentary colors. This is 5 stars (out of 5) for me. Great job. The best landscape photo I've seen this year (alright, I know it just started, but I really like this one).

yeah, this is a beauty of a shot, glad i didn't miss it. I love the rich, warm golds. nicely captured, can't wait to see the sunset shots... :thumbup:

The RAW format files aren't as bad to process as I had thought, there's some definate advantages for sure. I have a trip planned for the end of next month, I'm hoping to get back in there for a sunset.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back