Golden Gate Bridge From China Beach - Black & White

KenL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The weather was poor when I walked down to China Beach near the Sea Cliff section of San Francisco. So I converted the color version and processed as B&W.

4160165247_4a45c2d23e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nice angle! It looks very familiar...
3677488514_f70bcfd039.jpg

I had a ton of fun shooting there over summer. Had some treacherous encounters with my tripod set up and some waves, but all survived.

Thanks Alex!

I thought the beach south of the Golden Gate was Baker's Beach?

I thought the beach south of the Golden Gate was Baker's Beach?

Baker Beach is closer to the bridge and accessed through The Presidio. Near the end of Sea Cliff Avenue is China Beach. It is hard to find.....

Sea Cliff is the area between about 22nd & 30th Avenues (the "Avenues" section of SF) off Lake Street (I lived at 22nd and Lake at one time).

It's a better view from Baker Beach!

Lovely image and it looks great in b/w

Thank you Antartican!

Always great shots from you Ken, everytime I see them I want to go back to SanFran.

Great Shot.:thumbup:

Nice shot. Thats the thing about San Fran...Gorgeous city but not very inviting weather for photography. I spent the whole day there once after a business travel and all my pictures were crappy due to weather....and a little bit that I did not know what I was doing and was using a camera that fit in my pocket lol. I can't wait to go back and try again.

Always great shots from you Ken, everytime I see them I want to go back to SanFran.

Thank you Atlas77! I'll meet you there!

Nice shot. Thats the thing about San Fran...Gorgeous city but not very inviting weather for photography. I spent the whole day there once after a business travel and all my pictures were crappy due to weather....and a little bit that I did not know what I was doing and was using a camera that fit in my pocket lol. I can't wait to go back and try again.

Thank you jensgt! Weather sure can be a challenge there.....rain in the winter, fog in the summer. The best air conditions are in the cold days of winter. But remember what Mark Twain said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

Buy me a plane ticket, a hotel room and im there! :lol:

Darn, I knew there had to be a catch! :cry:

Right now San Francisco is a bargain. Hotel prices are way down. The finest luxury hotel is $149/night. I was told that Priceline has incredible deals. A number of fine hotels are in default, including the Four Seasons Hotel!

Buy me a plane ticket, a hotel room and im there! :lol:

Darn, I knew there had to be a catch! :cry:

Right now San Francisco is a bargain. Hotel prices are way down. The finest luxury hotel is $149/night. I was told that Priceline has incredible deals. A number of fine hotels are in default, including the Four Seasons Hotel!

I'd Rather buy myself a nice 500$ lens ;)

haha,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back