TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_8888.jpg

Very nice! Personally, I would have like a little more room on top, but the light is fantastic. A very 70s feel to this.

Very nice! Personally, I would have like a little more room on top, but the light is fantastic. A very 70s feel to this.
yeah when taking the shot i was in two minds do i sacrifice the composition of her eyes or keep it and take off the top of her head, so i went for the top of her head lol

Very nice! I am wondering how, exactly, the pretty girl was lighted.

Great image, great color. Think I have to agree with the OP's choice of crop as I also believe the eyes trump all else. I also don't have a problem with the highlight but really wish the transition on the forehead, eye and cheek was more gradual, like it is on the neck. Being so abrupt is causing my gaze to wander away from those beautiful eyes

Last edited:
Maybe a gobo to keep the light from falling on her forehead?

-Pete
Gotta disagree with you there Pete; that highlight provides just the contrast the image needs. Without it, it would be a flat, relatively uninteresting image.

Yeah... I get what you're saying. It's very nice falling on the hair and neck, but a bit too great of a ratio on the forehead. A scrim maybe? Cover that portion of the image with your hand. I can't see how it adds anything good.

I don't find the rest of the image to be flat... or uninteresting. The eyes and expression are compelling.

Am I getting you on board, John? :1398:

Thanks!
-Pete

Nope... sorry! :p Gotta stand by my original statement. It definitely wouldn't hurt if the ratio was a bit lower or the transition a bit more gradual, but I'd definitely rather have it this way than not at all!

Thanks guys some realy good feedback, it was taken in the golden hour using only a old school gold reflector no other light used

The photo and the girl are both stunning. The best portrait I've seen in a while.

Edit: nominated for POTM

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back