Golden Supercruise (8/7/10)

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I usually put ALL my photos on the BEGINNER FORUM. Hopefully these are good enough to be in this Gallery. Every summer on first Saturday of every month, bunch of car lovers come to Golden, Colorado to show off their cars and cruise around the main street of Golden. The event officially starts around 4 PM but people get there way earlier and cruise around until midnight. Most shots were taken with shutter priority 1/20 sec w/ ISO 100, no tripod with my SIGMA 24-70mm. Here are some of my favorites. If you want to see the whole series, go to http://usagani.com/Proofs/080710%20Super%20Cruise/content/index.html:

1)
_MG_8354%20copy.jpg

2)
_MG_9214%20copy.jpg

3)
_MG_9339%20copy.jpg

4)
_MG_9436%20copy.jpg

5)
_MG_9937%20copy.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. maybe I should have put this in the beginners forum!

I think they are well taken neat shots, good panning skills. My 1st thought when viewing was they were a little central in the frame and perhaps could do with a little space in front of them maybe?

I thought about that. I could definitely crop it differently. Do you think people would want it that way if they buy large prints?

Usually with car panning shots you'd want to show the viewer a sense of direction. With more space in front of the car you have that sense that the car is moving from one side of the image to the other. That's my take on it. Then again, some others might disagree.

Oh and BTW. Your panning shots are on point!

Yeah, great panning. I think that there is much more to TPF than the beginners gallery.

Thank you guys! I will definitely change the way I crop next time.

Most reactions

Back