RhysPhotograph.me

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rhysphotograph.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Untitled_Panorama3-Edit-Edit.jpg

What if you re-composed/re-cropped this?

Also, to me it looks a bit soft... Too bad I can't see this in my own images. Using Gimp; I added a bit of sharpness and re-cropped it. I also adjusted the white balance a hair.

Untitled_Panorama3-Edit-Edit.jpg

Re-crop is a lot better, but now there is just too much open space to the right. Nothing there to make it belong in the picture. Colors do look better and not so washed out.

When I re-croped it, I used the Rule of Third... Of course I estimated it since I was simply giving n example... But I do see your poibt about there being a lot of extra space...

This is what my mind saw... Not perfect... But it shows the direction I was thinking...

RoT.jpg

Thanks folks, tbh I'm just getting bored of every photo being on the rule of 1/3's, but I agree in this case rule of 1/3's looks better as the dog is turned away.
I'd crop similarly to BR, but a little tighter.

koug.jpg

Also, the image is not soft, it's just has an extremely shallow DOF.

100%crop un-edited
dof.jpg

Thanks folks, tbh I'm just getting bored of every photo being on the rule of 1/3's, but I agree in this case rule of 1/3's looks better as the dog is turned away.
I'd crop similarly to BR, but a little tighter.

koug.jpg

Also, the image is not soft, it's just has an extremely shallow DOF.

100%crop un-edited
dof.jpg

I only use the rule of 1/3's when it makes sense Many times I just make sure I have the subject slightly off to the right or left, and/or up and down as it's visually more appealing that way.

Most reactions

Back