weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lastest one I forgot to post from a trip in January. The UK has been battered with storms since and it feels like a lifetime ago now...

Gone Fishin' 5 by wee_pete, on Flickr

And another shot from the walk in..

Loch Etive by wee_pete, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like #2 and the "negative" reflection of the valley and how it pulls you in.

Great shots! Number 2 is really good. Taken with an Samsung Galaxy?

Thanks mate, the crop at the bottom bothers me a little, not as tidy as I would have liked it but not easy to compose when you've got 30lbs of tackle on your back! * actually I noticed I had uploaded thr wrong shot so I've just replaced it an almost identical shot but leveled better with a tidyier crop ;)

When I'm fishing I just use my phone for some shots, much easyier than carrying my DSLR, plus it's a messy buisness so my good camera stays at home. So yeah, shot on a Samsung Galaxy S8+

Last edited:
Now that's my kind of scene. Tranquil waters (although I love cod fishing in the stormy North Sea), beachcasters and multipliers on the tripods, sit back and wait. I have the same Daiwa seat box and carry harness too.

I take it that that's on a west coast sea loch somewhere is it? Did you catch anything?

No 2 needs a straighten, it's leaning down a good bit to the left but looks an idyllic setting.

Lovely shooting......

Thanks Jeff!

I like #2 and the "negative" reflection of the valley and how it pulls you in.

Thanks PJM, the photo doesn't quite do it justice, after coming through a small forest on the walk in it was a stunning scene to be greeted with. The view up this loch has facinated me for quite some time, it's got some rugged peaks at the head of the loch which are stunning in the snow.

Now that's my kind of scene. Tranquil waters (although I love cod fishing in the stormy North Sea), beachcasters and multipliers on the tripods, sit back and wait. I have the same Daiwa seat box and carry harness too.

I take it that that's on a west coast sea loch somewhere is it? Did you catch anything?

No 2 needs a straighten, it's leaning down a good bit to the left but looks an idyllic setting.

Clue's in the name mate (Loch Etive) ;) Done a few cod trips this year, one before this saw 20ft of spray crashing over our heads so it was nice to have a calmer day. 5 of us out on a rover for this one, saw just over 50kg fish landed between us though nothing big, mostly spurdog in the 3-6lb mark. Bites were plentiful though. Those seat boxes are a great size for marks that need a walk in! But yeah, I'm a mad keen angler that'll fish year round. Have you seen the cod coming from Shetland this year? I've seen several 18's a few in the 20's and one 25. Makes me think I need to try up there sometime.

Thanks for the C&C, I spotted that too and switched it out with the straightened and cropped shot I meant to upload first time!

Oops, never noticed the text under the pics:beguiled:.

I'm hoping to get the camper van across to the west coast this summer and fish a few of the sea lochs (hill lochs for wild brownies too). You get species across there we don't see on the east coast.

I'll have a look at the Shetland fish.

I'm hoping to get the camper van across to the west coast this summer and fish a few of the sea lochs (hill lochs for wild brownies too). You get species across there we don't see on the east coast.

:chuncky: the West coast sea lochs aren't producing the same as they used to IMO even the last couple of years seem to have seen a bit of a tail off in numbers and quality of fish, but the further North you go the more into uncharted territory ;) Watch out for midges too in the summer, I tend to avoid the sea lochs then for that reason!

:chuncky: the West coast sea lochs aren't producing the same as they used to IMO even the last couple of years seem to have seen a bit of a tail off in numbers and quality of fish, but the further North you go the more into uncharted territory ;) Watch out for midges too in the summer, I tend to avoid the sea lochs then for that reason!

Real nice set. I'd never heard of a midge so I had to look it up and I ran across this. It may be useful info.
https://www.scotlandinfo.eu/midges-in-scotland-how-to-avoid-them/

Real nice set. I'd never heard of a midge so I had to look it up and I ran across this. It may be useful info.
https://www.scotlandinfo.eu/midges-in-scotland-how-to-avoid-them/

Thanks mate. Midges can be brutal, hatching in their billions and are pretty much unavoidable in the summer, being anywhere with water and grass or trees. There's a product called smidge that works quite well, but even then it can be intolerable in some places and the only option is to beat a hasty retreat!

I guess the Batman never had to fight off midges. I don't see any defense for them in his arsenal.

th

Most reactions

Back