weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out again for the first time in ages. This one is shot with my new phone, a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G in 108MP mode

Gone Fishin' 12 by wee_pete, on Flickr

And the only fish I saw, a baby goby I caught by hand from a very small pool.
Tiny Goby by wee_pete, on Flickr

A nice day to spend on the beach, but the weed was brutal.

Ha, ha. Great catch Pete 😁😁

I've got a mini freezer full of frozen lug, squid and mackerel, I need to get out.

Having serious look at fishing kayaks again. You any experience?

Ha, ha. Great catch Pete 😁😁

I've got a mini freezer full of frozen lug, squid and mackerel, I need to get out.

Having serious look at fishing kayaks again. You any experience?
Cheers mate, one of the lads had an 8lb smoothhound which was a good fish, but catches were few and far between. Cannae catch fish with a dry line though! Got a boat trip from Scrabster booked second week in August, high hopes for that one. Hopefully we'll get out to Orkney and get into some big fish.

I kayaked round Cumbrae a couple of years ago, that's the extent of my knowledge about it though. Try Central Scotland Kayak Anglers

Those boys are out regularly and I'm sure they'd be able to give some good advice.

Cheers mate, one of the lads had an 8lb smoothhound which was a good fish, but catches were few and far between. Cannae catch fish with a dry line though! Got a boat trip from Scrabster booked second week in August, high hopes for that one. Hopefully we'll get out to Orkney and get into some big fish.

I kayaked round Cumbrae a couple of years ago, that's the extent of my knowledge about it though. Try Central Scotland Kayak Anglers

Those boys are out regularly and I'm sure they'd be able to give some good advice.
Perfect Pete, cheers. I'm having difficulty contacting any organised groups because they all seem to be Facebook based. I ain't on there.

Perfect Pete, cheers. I'm having difficulty contacting any organised groups because they all seem to be Facebook based. I ain't on there.
If you are struggling to get in touch try the world sea fishing forum at www.worldseafishing.com

I think Nicolas Valentin is still active there, he's the guy to speak to, a very active and keen kayak angler. Bound to be someone else there that'll give you some advice, though there are some looney tunes too. I'm sure you'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff though 😉

They appear to be FB based too.

If you are struggling to get in touch try the world sea fishing forum at www.worldseafishing.com

I think Nicolas Valentin is still active there, he's the guy to speak to, a very active and keen kayak angler. Bound to be someone else there that'll give you some advice, though there are some looney tunes too. I'm sure you'll be able to sort the wheat from the chaff though 😉
Spot on, I'll have a deek there too.

Very nice! I used to go fishing when I lived in Florida. Not so much now, because I prefer ocean and inland waterways to lakes.

Very nice! I used to go fishing when I lived in Florida. Not so much now, because I prefer ocean and inland waterways to lakes.
Thanks Jeff! I like all types of fishing, but sea fiishing is what I like the most. I love the variety and the wildness of it. You'd have been spoiled for choice in Florida, some great fishing over there. One of the things that got me into sea fishing was wandering up and down beaches tossig a bait into the gulleys at dawn and dusk when I was on holiday there.

Sea fishing in Scotland can be a pretty hard core affair, we tend to use pretty heavy tackle and the weather can be tough. I've done my fair share of winter cod fishing which is not for the feint hearted ;)

bait stealers. they are bad in the Michigan waterways

Most reactions

Back