Gone Fishing

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$Just Fishing_web.jpg

You've accomplished what I think you were going for - a sense of openness and space? But the sky isn't really very dramatic, so its just kind of "there" and taking up most of the image. Your horizon line is tipped slightly to the left also. I like the idea behind this, but its just not working for me - sorry.

You've accomplished what I think you were going for - a sense of openness and space? But the sky isn't really very dramatic, so its just kind of "there" and taking up most of the image. Your horizon line is tipped slightly to the left also. I like the idea behind this, but its just not working for me - sorry.

Thank you for your comment Carolyn, much appreciated. I could not change the sky, the weather was sunny and quiet. And actually I did not want anything dramatic. I associate fishing with tranquility, not drama, so I wanted it completely clean and blue. Did not happen though. I have noticed a slight tilt as well.

This image philosophies the silliness of human being, the microcosm in front of the Universe, the Macrocosm.
The void of the sky strongly supports the concept, i feel
Regards :D

What Frequency said.Not everything needs to look dramatic,over saturated and unrealistic.I like it as is with the open space and the composition and all.

I feel like I'd like it better cropped less square; even vertical.

Thanks guys for your comments. Much appreciated.

I'll agree that there is too much space. Try going just a little out of the norm - straighten your horizon and then crop to a panoramic aspect, landscape orientation. I think it still gives the expansive feeling but keeps a better balance overall.

I really like the big open space, but as mentioned, needs a more dramatic sky. Doesn't have to be all HDR or over processed, but a happy little cloud or two. Also, more water ~1/4 frame.

To be honest, that was just an experument with proportions. I have enlarged the sky just slightly above the Golden Section and it immediately had an effect of "too much sky". As soon as I get back to GS (that is the sky only, not the whole pic), it becomes visually more comfortable, even though the difference is small. There are two pics No1 is non-GS and No 2 is GS.

View attachment 53858

$Gone Fishing_gs_web.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back