Gone to the "dark side"

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I finally convinced the wife that I needed to upgrade my laptop before it totally crashed on me. So today, I got a new 13" Macbook Pro with the Retina display. Still getting it set up and trying to get used to the different OS. I also upgraded to the CC for Photographers, so I will now be able to access the full Photoshop instead of the PSE's limited items.

Looking forward to getting photos into it and seeing what LR5 and CC can do to improve my post processing.

Oh Nooooo! Don't bite it!!!

th

Congrats! New computer toys! We can overlook your error in judgement on the Apple. Have fun!!

Thanks everyone.

snerd, I had to do something to get into CC and I really wasn't liking the MS OS offerings.

I really wasn't liking the MS OS offerings.

What, you don't like waiting to see what MS will screw up in the next Windows while trying to fix other things? I maintain what little sanity I may have only because my company is too cheap to upgrade operating systems very often. It took me a little while to get used to the peculiarities of Win 7, which is one of the better ones, and so far they are keeping it - it's been a few years now.

KenC, you pretty much got it. I got the kids a desk top last year that had 8 and I knew that I didn't want to go to it.

Geez. What a disappointment.

Here I thought you were going to say you were converting to Nikon. :048:

I've been seen on the Apple website, drooling over the MBP's. However, 13" would never work for me! Maybe a 15". Do they make a 17"?

I've been seen on the Apple website, drooling over the MBP's. However, 13" would never work for me! Maybe a 15". Do they make a 17"?

Sneed, it is a change going to the 13 from a 17".
I bet! Maybe the improved graphics will offset it a bit. I hear nothing but good things about them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back