gonna be shooting a december wedding in iowa need suggestions for dealing with snow

.... I wonder why all seasoned wedding photographers use full frames?

Because a big honkin' camera says "pro"?

That's right BitterJew

A big honking camera means just that - a big honking camera. A pro is better defined by his attitude, his promptness, his skills, his understanding of the requirements and expectations of the client, and his business acumen.

Not all seasoned wedding photographers use full frame. The ones I know who are going full frame digital are doing so as an upgrade when it becomes necessary. Most successful businesses (wedding photography is a business) will spend money on additional equipment when that equipment either makes them more revenue, or saves them time, or makes their work easier. Perfectly useable revenue generating equipment is seldom replaced just because something better comes along.

I realize this part of the country is not a huge market but most of the photographers I know who are feeding their families are quite happily plodding along with d2's, d200's and d300's. Sure they'd like the newer toys put they'll get them when what they are using is no longer doing the job asked of it.

This does not need to turn into a pissing match. I may have opinions that may differ from most on this board, everyone is allowed to argue their point of vu, put saying to someone seeking advice that they need the big honking camera bodies for doing something that can more than adequately be accomplished with lesser equipment is misleading.

Patrice, I was being funny.

On that note, it's been a forum consensus that Pro=Paid, and has nothing to do with skills or understanding. :sexywink:

sobolik, thank you very much for the advice it is exactly what I am looking for........
You may want to hold on to that thought just a bit. Read through this thread.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...photo-gallery/227400-can-we-talk-f-stops.html

Additionally, shooting portraits with a wide angle lens is not going to show the likeness of a person (portrait) in their best presentation. The WA distorts body parts. More research for you.

I looked through a few of the photos on your site. Learn how light works, how to manipulate it, control it and add to it.

if you are bored here's the website, be gentle. she's just starting the business. basically as for her edits/photoshops she's giving the customer what they want so the style varies.

Nobody needs a d700 to photograph a wedding. What they need is a thorough understanding of exposure, composition and lighting control. A fast lens is very helpful. About the only essential would be a flash and the knowledge of how and when to use it. Don't forget a backup plan in case you have an equipment failure.

Patrice, I wonder why all seasoned wedding photographers use full frames?

But it's certainly not needed. People have produced amazing wedding photos long before everyone and their mother could afford a full frame camera and shoot clean above 800 ISO.

I had a look at the website and could only stick around for about 3 seconds. The portfolio slide show is HORRIBLE set up. It makes me so dizzy and I can't get a good look at any of the photos.
Change the display of the slideshow and I'll take another look

if you keep your cursor over the picture it stops moving, clicking enlarges it. resolution is kept low due to the nature of the page

oops i was wrong about the cursor, there is a pause/play control when your mouse goes over the thumbnails. also you can set the speed to slow, standard is medium

Are you serious with the selective coloring? I agree with everybody here. If you don't know exposure, and how to work with light and don't have an external flash. Why in the world are you taking on weddings with a d3000?!?! The person that hired you must have had something in their cornflakes this morning. Sorry to be so rude but come on man.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back