Good camera bag that fits under airplane seat?

filterxg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First time poster. Anyway I own a Nikon d5200 and 4 lenses (sigma 17-70, tokina 11-16, tamron 70-200, and soon a nikon 50mm). I do own a big backpack to carry them all but really want something I can slide under an airplane seat (so I can use my carryon as a roller bag) while providing some minimal protection. I'm thinking of using a small leather messenger I already own bag but that offers 0 protection beyond the lens bags. Anyway wanted to know if anybody has found something they like for their equipment?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I love my Domke-F2. Expensive, but small and well built.

I always bring my Billingham 455 whenever I go travelling and its never caused me any problems carrying it on the plane. It can fit my 50-500, 14-24 - 24-70 13inch laptop, tripod if you wanted to and of curse a full size DSLR.

I think I finally found my 'dream camera bag'. I prefer to travel as unobtrusively as possible. So, I use a squarish 'gym bag' (ie, cheapo from Walmart) bag that's about 12"h x 12"d x 18"w with an insert. I've been using a Domke insert, but it was not adjustable and didn't have a spot for the DSLR. Someone here mentioned the Ciesta brand of inserts at Amazon, so I figured I'd try one.
Amazon.com: camera bag insert
I bought the large version and it works perfectly! In it I have: 16-35 f2.8L, 24-105 f4L, 135 f2L, 80-200 f2.8L(horizontal), and gripped 5D3. I even have room for my memory card case, CPL, and a couple of AA batteries as well! I stuff my flash and other accessories into the end pockets, and monopod strapped through the hand straps (when I take it with me).

Here's a Walmart bag that looks like what I have: J World 18'' Copper Travel Duffel with Shoulder Strap: Luggage : Walmart.com

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back