Good deal gone bad

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Won an auction for a Nikon Nikormat camera, 2 lenses, old GE meter and case. $25 bucks. I was like wooo hoo. I paid within 10 minutes.

Well today I got an email from paypal that a refund was given. I was like huh. Had to find what it was for. Yup the camera.

She sent me an email asking to forgive this ole granny as she had it listed twice and had already shipped it to the other guy. The other auction ended after mine did. But of course he paid $20 more for it. Because I paid so fast, it was paid for, before the other auction ended.

She is acting all sweet and making it look like she just made a dumb mistake becasue she had so much going on. At the time she only had 3 auctions going. She has a feedback of over 800! Innocient granny my butt. She decided to take the higher ammount!

At least I got my money back. Thats better than alot of people!

Not sure what to do feedback wise. I may just leave it alone. Said she would leave me positive, but has not done it. Think shes waiting for what I do next.

Oh, yea had to look it up becasue I had bought about 6 old Nikon cameras. :)

sounds pretty suspect to me, like she's working the system... i'd be torqued, but like you said, at least you got your $$ back, can't be too upset i guess.

I just got a notice that she put in that I have mutially agreed to return the item and I am releasing her from any obligations. She has chosen to try to get her money back on the auction from ebay. She was just a tad bit snippy on her reply to my message.

Will sit on it a day or two.

If anything, you can talk to the Ebay people about it. It's the least you can do for yourself and other honest Ebayers. Not really worth leaving bad feedback for her though.

Update. The lady actually sent me the $20 dollar difference in the auction. With a note: See I am honnest. Of course this was after I sent an email to ebay. So I did give her positive feedback. Stating she rufunded and paid the difference.

Also had another good luck auction and one bad luck. Ordered a Tokina lens. Supposed to be Nikon mount. Instead its Pentax K mount. Paid $120 for it and so far no answer to email.

The good luck was a Nikon 4004 I ordered just as a shelf sitter (bought as broken), works absolutely perfect. :) AF just fine, shutter on time, flash works, timer works, dials work, just a problem in the battery comp. Current temp repair of some alum foil and some batteries fixed it. :O Will resolder contact so it will work without the shade tree repair. I paid $4.15 for the camera. :) The body is without a scratch on it. Just the battery contact was bad.

Also bought a Nikon EM and so far it is full working as well. Not a bad haul for under $20 (except of course the lens). Will see. Maybe I will have to start a Pentax collection as well. =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back