good flash for Canon T2i

mjohnson24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a canon T2i DSLR but looking for a flash for it. I like the 430EX II and the features it has but the $299 price tag sucks. Is there one similar to it that i can use and still have pretty much the same features but WAY cheaper?

Im just wanting a flash thats a heck of alot cheaper than that one if at all possible. not familiar with using flash or how to set it up when trying to take a picture with it or anything. im a novice and just starting out so something more automatic would be cool but maybe something manual i guess will work to. Still trying to learn my camera and how to shoot in Manual mode.

Any ideas on a good flash would be great. The TTL feature in the 430EX II is an awesome feature. I do like the fact i can slave it if need be or use it off camera. I have seen the 270EX and the 320EX but not sure how good they are.

Oh ok i was afraid of that.

Yeah, photography can get expensive, especially if you cheap out on equipment now only to have to re-buy the better option later on down the road. And look at it this way, this will last longer than the cheaper ones and will more than likely work just as well with an upgraded body later down the road.

yea thats kinda what i was thinking just didnt have the money really to buy the $299 option right at this moment.

You can get a yongnuo yn 465 for about 1/5th of the price that has ttl. It is pretty good. A set of wireless triggers can be got for small money also. It is a road I went down and may sometime buy more expensive flash units but you can never have to many so the cheaper ones will not go to waste

what about the Yongnuo YN-565EX ETTL? Do you still have to have some kind of triggers to work with my T2i? is there much difference between this and the one you mentioned?

Well i ended up winning a bid on ebay for a Canon 430EX II for $248 including shipping last night. Didnt wanna spend that kind of money but better to spend it now than buy the Yongnuo and not like it as much.

Well i ended up winning a bid on ebay for a Canon 430EX II for $248 including shipping last night. Didnt wanna spend that kind of money but better to spend it now than buy the Yongnuo and not like it as much.

congrats, you'll like it. great price too.

yea brand new its like $299 all though best buy is on sale for $277 i think but still its a better price. Saved myself $50 or so. Now once i get it just need to learn how to use it.

Yea when i ge it ill check it out. I need to learn how to use it with my camera with getting good pictures and when to use it or not use it and such. Im pretty much a newbie when it comes to this so. But im learning.

Most reactions

Back