Good gift idea?

lloyd.turner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first post on this forum and it's not about cameras.. so i hope i chose the correct thread category :D

I felt like over-doing it this time for my girlfriend's birthday and decided to get her something she'd like. A tablet, is what my brain came up with. I did some massive research about it and finally decided to get her an Asus transformer pad Tf300T, white and without an keyboard. Of course, the keyboard can be added later.
I came here to ask opinions about this idea, although the tablet has been purchased already and hidden well until the day comes. She talked about getting a kindle from Amazon, but I personally didn't like the fact that a kindle is mainly for reading only. Besides, the Asus transformer is basically a computer anyway..

Also, two years ago she gave me a $249 phone as a gift, so i feel like this is the right thing to do.

Leave feedback and ideas about this, please! Especially from the ladies here, would you like to recieve a tablet from your loved one?

I got my wife the asus transformer (the first one) with the keyboard docking station and she LOVES it.
she uses hers as an E-reader all the time. she has the kindle reading app on hers. you can also get the Nook app.
so...you can get kindle AND nook books on your asus. good call on the transformer. she will love it.

Kindle fire? Does tons more than reading a book.

So far sounds good, i was having second doubts already but this is encouraging, thanks! :D

Kindle fire? Does tons more than reading a book.

Looks really good, but a bit small. The Asus one was 10.1' which is a bit bigger than the iPad and passes as a computer monitor :D

As pixmedic mentioned I have the asus transformer TF101 coffee colored. Kindle app works perfect. Keep my portfolio on mine with apps to back up my sd cards while on a shoot, for creating and signing photography related forms. Many more options not even mentioned. Originaly looked at a kindle fire and although I do like what it has to offer I'd still take the asus tablet hands down.:)

Most reactions

Back