Good Improvement???

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently posted this picture but wasn't 100% happy with it so I went back and used a little haze removal. Did I go too far with it? Anything else that could be done to improve it? Thanks!

Original
290 horse shoe crab & coral (2)f rz.jpg

Haze removal
290-horse-shoe-crab-&-coral-(2)f-hz-rm.jpg

I think that's pretty nice and I don't think you went too far with the haze removal. The contrast loks istinctly better in your latest edit.

The crop is a little tight for my taste, but I could see this hanging in a beach side apartment.

Odd man out here, I prefer the first with a different tool. Rather than the Dehaze which is a global adjustment, I'd look to the curves, HSL, and the new color grading (old split tone), to selectively adjust the image.

If you decide to print, is definately to tight. Framing as is will result in losing tail or shell on the edges. If your original has the room I'd recrop, if not it's an easy fix in PS to stretch the canvas.

Thanks.

I think that's pretty nice and I don't think you went too far with the haze removal. The contrast loks istinctly better in your latest edit.

The crop is a little tight for my taste, but I could see this hanging in a beach side apartment.

Thank you for your feedback, I felt it looked better as well with the added contrast and less haze. My objective with the crop was to bring it in as much as I could so the minute details down to the grains of sand would come through. I didn't plan on framing it so that's not a concern although if I do change my mind a looser crop would most definitely need to be done.

Odd man out here, I prefer the first with a different tool. Rather than the Dehaze which is a global adjustment, I'd look to the curves, HSL, and the new color grading (old split tone), to selectively adjust the image.

If you decide to print, is definately to tight. Framing as is will result in losing tail or shell on the edges. If your original has the room I'd recrop, if not it's an easy fix in PS to stretch the canvas.

I do use some of the things you mentioned but not all, I'll give some of the others a try. I also agree about the crop but I don't intend to print it. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it.

I do use some of the things you mentioned but not all, I'll give some of the others a try. I also agree about the crop but I don't intend to print it. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it.

Another useful tool in LR I forgot is the gradient and radial filter. Using these combined with the edit brush in each, gives you the ability to make some detailed masks that you can then use the global sliders, but only apply it to the masked areas.

I think you did a good job on #2. I often use the Clarity adjustment to boost midtone contrast. But, whatever works!

Question: did you use a UV/skylight filter when you took the original shot?

I think you did a good job on #2. I often use the Clarity adjustment to boost midtone contrast. But, whatever works!

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

Question: did you use a UV/skylight filter when you took the original shot?

No, I didn't use any kind of filter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back